When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Factory contact information

Dear RWG-members

Nice to meet you all!
My name is Jacques Donowitz, and I am launching a new Rep-platform very soon. Will update here.

During this launch, we are collaborating with one of the bigger names/stores in the game.

If business goes as planned, I want to work directly with the factories (Noob, BP, ARF,...).

But I cannot find any information on these factories themselves.
Like a website, addresses, emails, phone number,...

I was wondering if any of you could help me out on this?

Or even did business themselves with one of these factories?

All help is highly appreciated.

Kind regards
Jacques

9 minutes ago, Sogeha said:

If you are asking this question at all I would think it better to delay your project many years, until such time as you have at least a basic understanding of the industry and hobby

Well, I have to start somewhere.
Asking questions and getting valuable answers would already get me going. 😉

Edited by Jacques Donowitz

Well, I have to start somewhere.
Asking questions and getting valuable answers would already get me started. 

You could have started by reading, this is called research when done at the start of a business venture. Had you done that you would now realise how misguided you currently are.
Sometimes a valuable answer is not appreciated or recognised as such

On the other hand you could simply contact your local Chinese Embassy and ask to be given contact information for the Chinese Enterprise Board for the Promotion of Counterfeit Goods. I’m sure they can give you the registered business addresses of every counterfeit manufacturer in China

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 5

17 minutes ago, Sogeha said:

You could have started by reading, this is called research when done at the start of a business venture. Had you done that you would now realise how misguided you currently are.
Sometimes a valuable answer is not appreciated or recognised as such

On the other hand you could simply contact your local Chinese Embassy and ask to be given contact information for the Chinese Enterprise Board for the Promotion of Counterfeit Goods. I’m sure they can give you the registered business addresses of every counterfeit manufacturer in China

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I am aware manufacturing these products is illegal, I don't expect to get dropped full profiles here.

All I was asking is, if there is someone, who already worked with these factories and know how to get in touch with them.

All I was asking is, if there is someone, who already worked with these factories and know how to get in touch with them.

Yes, they are your competitors. Good luck getting them to help you

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

15 minutes ago, Jacques Donowitz said:

I am aware manufacturing these products is illegal, I don't expect to get dropped full profiles here.

All I said was in asking that question, you showed a lack of understanding 

If you were ever to get ANY information of that nature you would have to have been known in the community for a very long time and have built exceptionally good relationships. Over the years I have come to know some things that are not widely known or easily discovered, there is also a great deal I do not know. I am aware there are other members here who know more and are better connected than I am. I also know that they are unlikely to share that information, especially with someone completely unknown

Whether you believe it or not, my replies are valuable to you if you take them on board. You are flogging a horse that was stillborn 

1 minute ago, Sogeha said:

All I said was in asking that question, you showed a lack of understanding 

If you were ever to get ANY information of that nature you would have to have been known in the community for a very long time and have built exceptionally good relationships. Over the years I have come to know some things that are not widely known or easily discovered, there is also a great deal I do not know. I am aware their are other members here who know more and are better connected than I am. I also know that they are unlikely to share that information, especially with someone completely unknown

Whether you believe it or not, my replies are valuable to you if you take them on board. You are flogging a horse that was stillborn 

Thanks for your detailed reply. Appreciated.

Could understand that their information is not publicly on the www.

But I was not aware these manufacturers were that big of a secret. 

Edited by Jacques Donowitz

I agree with everything that @Sogeha says. You will have to get to know people with contacts over many years, building relationships and trust. It won’t happen overnight or even over months. I would, if I were you, move on to something else to make money or just engage with the community here and enjoy it as a hobby. 

• Like 1

Just now, kernow said:

I agree with everything that @Sogeha says. You will have to get to know people with contacts over many years, building relationships and trust. It won’t happen overnight or even over months. I would, if I were you, move on to something else to make money or just engage with the community here and enjoy it as a hobby. 

Thanks for your concern.

I have been running a successful business in digital product design for the past 8 years.

Hence the expertise in setting up a platform like the one we are about to launch.

It will be professionally built and well thought out. To say the least.

We actually already have access to all the watches by the major manufacturers.

So I appreciate your concerns, but we will 100% go through with launching it.

Mainly because the current business model is very low risk.

But, in the long run, cutting out the middleman would be the boss move. 

Which, I came to learn, is not that easy, but not impossible either.

21 minutes ago, Sogeha said:

“Well thought out, to say the least” I like that, it’s how I’m running my space program.

Anyone able to hook me up with some alien technology so I can get started?

I’ve a friend who built a space bike if that helps. I can pm you his phone no. If it helps. 

08C16809-54E3-4C90-9DE9-9366A8A2CEFC.jpeg

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

The replica business is a closed business.  Closed to outsiders.

I have a friend who knew quite a few 'importers' etc over the years and he went to NYC quite a few times to buy genuine fashion watches and check in with a couple of his 'importer' friends.  His importer friends could get anything he asked for but it would take a couple or three months to get them...most of it came in containers.

Forum members have always heard that 'the good stuff' is not available in the USA.  Not so, it depends on who you know just like everything else, and my friend knew 'The Right Guys'.  New replica 16610 with new swiss etas (no movement parts junk) were less than $200 depending on quantity (sapphire crystal, hollow mid link bracelets etc).  At this time, nos and new swiss 28xx etas were still available in wholesale lots.  Same watch with etaclones were about $100 depending on how many you wanted.  This was about 6 or 8 years ago.

Lower tier 16610 types with good dials, solid mid link bracelets, Asian 21 jewel ST16/NN/DG 2813 etc were $35 or $40 each if you bought 50 or more.  Higher grade GMT types with DG 3804 or submariner types with ST16/NN/DG, hollow mid link bracelets, sapphire etc were $65...same cases as the swiss eta models.

These guys had anything you could imagine...silberstein, AP, breguet, cartier, longines, omega, IWC, patek, you name it.  He gave me a lot of his 'leftovers' and I still have an Alain Silberstein and a rose gold plate over SS AP manual wind model and both are well done with very good dials etc.

How much did this guy spend in order to get to 'Know the Right Guys' and get the right prices?

Probably $300 to $500k

Where are 'The Right Guys' now?

One is claimed to be DOA due to a car accident...a common ploy when they drop out of the business.

Another was busted with about $3 million in bogus watches/purses etc in his warehouse in NYC, it made the major newspapers 6 or 7 years ago.  He bailed out and went back to China.

Where are all the 'leftovers' now?

Gave a lot of them away, threw a lot of them away etc, etc.

Where is 'the friend' now?

In and out of jail, currently out.  He made a lot of $$ but spent most of it on high priced lawyers and back taxes.

What did I get out of it?

A lot of very good stories that no one would believe.

Like the time we bought 32,000 watches (iirc, might have been 36k) in one whack and had to rent warehouse space and hire a couple crack'hos to sort them out.

Or the one where my friend and his 'new partner' bought 13,000 watches and the 'partner' stole them and took off with them in a trailer.  My friend's 'partner' put the money up with a bad check, then stole them.  I was not in on that deal.

And the guy in Miami FL who tried to beat me out of $12.5k by sending junk watches instead of new watches...took me a while to get it back.

How about the one about a wholesale guy in NYC who sold 'store returns' quartz fashion watches for $30 for a snow shovel full?  They were piled up all over the floor of a room in his warehouse.  "They just need a battery."  I still have a couple shovels full out in the garage.  Ha!  

See what I mean about no one would believe the stories?

My advice?

Fergidaboudit.

• Like 3