When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Noob question from an old timer

dieselpower

Hello good people of our beloved site,

Although I have been a member for many years now (hopefully in good standing!) I am completely out of the loop when it comes to out of the box off the shelf vintage subs. All my subs/SD's are heavily modded MBW's and I haven't looked at the off the shelf watches for about 5 years. Anyway, to get back to the question - a friend wants to buy either a 1680 or a 16610. He doesn't think he's going to modify it (yet ha ha ha) so would like a good rep from a trusted dealer. My go to dealer back in the day was Andrew (?) of Trusty Time fame but I seem to remember reading a thread that said his website name had been copied by an unscrupulous dealer and you should now tread carefully when ordering. I see that the website trustytime888.com is up and running and seems to be the same as the old TT site that I remember. Is it to be trusted or am I making a horrible mistake? Also if anybody has a recommendation for a good 1680 or 16610 source (other than TT888) I'd be most grateful if you'd give me the details. All the best and remember people "Let's be careful out there" (Kudos to anybody who gets the Hill St Blues reference 🙂

• Like 1

Welcome back mate

https://trustytime.shop

Is the rabbit you need to follow

1680, not so much. Cartel which has many faults and depends what you can live with

then Phong, which really just has one fault😂

16610 JF is about as good as anyone ever really needs. The clone movements have got better recently, but probably will still need a decent modder watchsmith to give it a quick spray of WD40 and a sharp smack on the side of the desk at some point

• Like 2

Ha Ha - Yes 'tis I, nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition! Cheers for quick response, most impressive.

@ Sogeha - 16610 JF? What is this mysterious article? Where might a mere mortal find such elusive treasure?

Cheers

Googled 16610 JF. Please ignore my inept questions. 🙄

Hey mate,good to see u around.

For a 16610 go for a JF. They are available on all trusted TD.s.

For 1680 believe the newer ones are not better than the MBW's back in the days. They need much work as stated above in the thread.

You can try JKF or BP Vintage ones.

Hope this helps.

Tribal

1 hour ago, dieselpower said:

Ha Ha - Yes 'tis I, nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition! Cheers for quick response, most impressive.

@ Sogeha - 16610 JF? What is this mysterious article? Where might a mere mortal find such elusive treasure?

Cheers

Googled 16610 JF. Please ignore my inept questions. 🙄

1 hour ago, Sogeha said:

It’s resurrection day! Next thing you know Ubi will be dropping by. I love it when guys wander back home again

Great to see another olde friend!!!!! Can't believe I am not the only OldNoob here.......Great to see you Diesel! I sure hope Life has been good to you and yours....

3 hours ago, Sogeha said:

The clone movements have got better recently, but probably will still need a decent modder watchsmith to give it a quick spray of WD40 and a sharp smack on the side of the desk at some point

Hey isn't that the "Full Service" that RedBigJoe used to offer?     :bangin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

"...give it a quick spray of WD40 and a sharp smack on the side of the desk at some point."

Image result for 2824 ETA CLONE WATCH MOVEMENT      (The culprit)   :ph34r:

+WD-40(The 'quick sprayer')

+   Image result for Wooden Mallet(The 'sharp smacker')

Image result for HEAVILY MUSCLED ARM       (The 'sharp smack' provider)

+ Image result for wooden mallet on a tree stump  (The 'desk')

=  FIXED!   NO SKILL REQUIRED.  

Who has the best sub?   :pimp:

• Like 2

Dunno what you intend to use your muktuk for 'Nook but you certainly don't wanna go eatin' the stuff!

As whales grow, mercury accumulates in the liver, kidney, muscle, and blubber, and cadmium settles in the blubber.[10] It also contains PCBs, carcinogens that damage human nervous, immune and reproductive systems, bioaccumulated from the marine food web,[11][12] and a variety of other contaminants.

37 minutes ago, automatico said:

I been wondering who she ran off with.  

I miss her cookin'.

Naturally, which brings us right back to..........

Mattaq_Feast_(SMcMahon)_2.jpg

BBQ without heat!