When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Calling all the olde timers(get it) :-).........check in

Justasgood

Of course mate!

But at least we matured a little 😉

I'm weighing in 14 years of RWG membership and several years at TRF before...

Due to some family reasons and my job, I was passively off the hobby for many years - passively means, I checked with the fora every few weeks to still be some kind of "roughly up to date".

During this time, I had to sell one or another of my beloved pieces - nowadays I'm more and more tempted to try out some of the new models, perhaps I'll pull the trigger...

I was shocked some months ago to see that RWG is turned into this kind of calm place - RWI looks like they have some problems too and I have the feeling most action has moved to repgeek.

Would be great if someone could enlighten that a little!

And how can I expand my mailbox? Looks like it was shrinked and now I can't message anyone.

On 4/25/2020 at 3:46 PM, Rolexman said:

Still here...  but damn. This place is almost dead. A real pity. Don’t know why. I spend most of my time lurking at RepGeek under a different name. Sold most of my reps and still do a a lot of watch restaurations and other watch work. Mainly gens. Father of 2 beautiful daughters (4&7) which grow up way too fast. Working for the ‘man’ still sucks and hoping I can make a living out of watches somehow in the future. A man can dream....

All the best B)

Mark

[[Template core/front/global/commentEditLine is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Well, I'm not an olde timer here, but after spending time on the four watch sites that I can find, I'd rather be here than deal with all the sarcasm, insults and name calling that goes on at all the other sites, and sometimes as a response to a post that you thought was genuinely helpful.  I think you guys are doing a great job setting the tone here (and just bought a VIP membership to back that up) but maybe what the world really wants is stupid drama. 

I also notice that on Firefox, all three of the other sites get saved as an icon on my homepage, but this site never does, even though I visit it just as much.  Sometimes, its simple stuff like that that makes it easy for people to come back.  I'm not an IT guy, is there any reason that might (not) happen?

• Like 2

N9,

thanks for chiming in. This site and it’s people set the standard a long time ago. It seems today’s world has no patience for protocol, decorum or respect. 

although there are older members and certainly wiser members, I appreciate your participation and insight. 

enjoy your evening,

JAG

• Like 1

Hi, Still here... sometimes.  I never was very active here, but never forgotten this site also. Still 20+ watch on my collection, half of them gen`s (not high end), no interest of selling these,  probably my kid`s will love to play with them one day:). No interest about replica watches any more so much.  But yesterday I just discover that I have Big EGI project  in my drawer, so I must probably finish it some time:) Old project, very old unfinished project. I am more into electric guitars these days and  guitar playing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, paneraiguy said:

Hi everyone,
13 years here...Not really active anymore, I just check in to see what's happening. I remember buying my first watches off river around 2003.

Amazing how time fly's.

Stay safe

Sent from my Mi A2 Lite using Tapatalk

Olde man river, he was tops!

• Like 1

Still around, but life is completely nuts. I'm up to juggling four companies, and soon to be a fifth. Fortunately, I'm single. No wife, no kids, no dog, so it makes it easier to manage. Entertaining offers on my largest company and expecting I will let it go sometime later this year. Will give me enough money to retire, or more properly just let me work when I feel like it. 

State of my collection is stagnant. I don't have much time to partake in the hobby much anymore. still lurking around here, but not posting much. Haven't built anything new for a long time. Thinking about downsizing the reps, and maybe buying a nice gen. Hate that my projects spend most of their time in the watch box ... :(

Have to admit, I miss Ubi and The Zigmeister. Loved the insight and detail in their posts. Ubi's projects started me down the path of doing builds, and I'm lucky to have something in my collection that The Zigmeister worked on.

• Like 4

Thanks for chiming in. Glad things are going well for you. I regret the fact that all of the work I did on my watches is being enjoyed elsewhere, but it was a blast building em. The medical needs of my daughter made owning such nice pieces impossible. Collaborating with Ubi and The Zigmeister on a few pieces were certainly the most enjoyable and netted the greatest builds. 

This family stepped up for my family in ways unimaginable and I will always remember that.

Again,

thanks for the update and post a few pics of your collection if you get a chance. 

Same to all the olde timers, let’s see the fruits of our labors those many years ago.......

Edited by Justasgood

As long as we're talking about the work you did on watches, here's the Frosty Flake you finished up for me.  Remember this one?

sf3.jpg

sf4.jpg

sf1.jpg

6 hours ago, Nanuq said:

As long as we're talking about the work you did on watches, here's the Frosty Flake you finished up for me.  Remember this one?

sf3.jpg

sf4.jpg

sf1.jpg

Damn,

I hope your will names me as owner when the bears finally catch you.....The original Snow Prince. I can't tell you how honored I was when you asked me to massage that baby into what you see!!!!

Miss you my friend........You too Nuq...:-)

Edited by Justasgood

11 minutes ago, Justasgood said:

I hope your will names me as owner when the bears finally catch you

...............and this is all they found.    :cry2:

toa2.jpg

• Haha 2

well...

I am not really active here but I am an elder too i guess..... I lurk, I read you guys' posts and stuff....

i guess its as good a time as any to do a quick introduction....

Got four grown adult kids.

Been married to my demanding wife for 37 years

I teach Art in High School (25 years to date)

Was a newspaper cartoonist when started on this forum

Last month, got bowel cancer and underwent two surgeries 

Starting chemo soon

What this forum has meant to me:  a place to find joy, laughs, comfort, watches that distract me from the turmoils of my life...

My collection:

Humble, tailored to my financial means.....after all, I had to raise and support four children!

1 hour ago, Sogeha said:

Doc, I’m sorry to hear of the cancer and hope you make a good recovery, do let me know

I’m not sure, but I will look later and see if I have a spare set of springbars 

would very much appreciate receiving at least one pair....

the ones I have suck hay

and thanks for the kindness😉

I don’t even remember when I got here. Long ago such that I remember translating the German forums when it was all we had, dealing with Maria directly, and buying round 1 of the David mystery movement. 17 years?

Every now and then I find some nostalgic part still in an envelope that I never mounted. Like Randy’s sub dots... or a handwritten from The Zigmeister. A lello something or another, and even some of Enzo’s and Torbys things before they went honest

I stopped posting around 2010 other than a sale or so. But doing well. Still have about a dozen reps. Went homage for awhile, then Gen. Still in Texas, still in healthcare, and I still browse the forum once a week or so

My last purchase, and me & my last grandkid

7f013e9b8c1f40de6dbca2e0d2a00bae.jpg

b850213d39c3ea4b61494290319eb56d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1