When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Do you love Classic cars?

Lovegmt73

Unfortunately Goodwood has become a money spinning circus and is much more about ticket sales, family entertainment and supposedly comical re-enactments than about cars. Nothing wrong with family events - don't get me wrong but the emphasis has shifted too far away from what it is supposed to be. IMHO.

I only hope Le Mans Classic does not go the same way but I fear it will.

• Like 1

Unfortunately Goodwood has become a money spinning circus and is much more about ticket sales, family entertainment and supposedly comical re-enactments than about cars. Nothing wrong with family events - don't get me wrong but the emphasis has shifted too far away from what it is supposed to be. IMHO.

True that. I used to go to the Goodwood Revival every year. Was a GRRC member for a while too. The early years were a dream come true. Even so, it just got too crowded for my liking. Stopped attending over 10 years ago and haven’t been back since.

• Like 1

A couple years ago AJ invited me to join his crew and we raced the Isle of Man. What an experience!!

What we need to do is all go stay at[mention=73322]Sogeha[/mention]’s house and watch the Northwest 200! default_thumbsup.gif

IMG_8501.JPG

• Like 1

Ohhhhhh yeah, now we're talking.  I love me some classic Fords!  The 427 Cobra, is it the prettiest car ever built?

Cobra-pics-066-2.jpg

If not, maybe the GT40 will have to do.   :wub:

481443.jpg

I have a friend in Spokane, Washington of all places, a high school biology teacher.  Maaaaaaaany many years ago he bought a 427 Cobra and tucked it away in his garage as his "retirement".  In all those years he's put 50 miles on it.

I'd say his retirement is going to be quite comfortable.  :tu:

• Like 1

Oh man, the E-type is another favorite.  Then my mind goes straight to the American Boat-tail Auburn.  :wub:

45 minutes ago, dieselpower said:

Maybe, along with the GT40 and the E Type perhaps. Back in the day we Brits could design a damn pretty car. 😚

Then there's my favorite.  The "Poor Man's Cobra", again with British bodywork.  I almost owned this one, and never would have sold it.

tiger.jpg

This one was a Tiger, we'd dropped in a HiPo engine from a GT Mustang and added solid lifters, 3/4 cam, Offenhauser intake, 750 Holley, Sanderson headers, 11.5:1 pistons, the works.  Oh, and a 2.77:1 rear end.  It was built for autocross and who needs to change gears once you're driving?

What a beast.  It had puny little cherry bomb "mufflers" and at idle sounded like a nuclear popcorn popper gone berserk.  :wub:

• Like 1

All of the above are good . But for me, nothing equals my ultimate win the lottery dream car. It must be beautiful, innovative, race proven etc etc......

So for the ultimate (to my eyes anyway) expression of automotive excellence this is what I'd go for in a heartbeat........

Jaguar-XKSS-1957.thumb.jpg.c8974f4e6650c9432460b34c8a3b3d57.jpg

2 hours ago, dieselpower said:

All of the above are good . But for me, nothing equals my ultimate win the lottery dream car. It must be beautiful, innovative, race proven etc etc......

So for the ultimate (to my eyes anyway) expression of automotive excellence this is what I'd go for in a heartbeat........

Jaguar-XKSS-1957.thumb.jpg.c8974f4e6650c9432460b34c8a3b3d57.jpg

The specification sucks, it doesn’t even have cup holders

• Like 1