When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

JK / Cartel 1680 different from the past

chriz74

Hi, yesterday I got a JK 1680 from HK. I had one some years ago and I was keeping a Sternkreuz glass to replace the one that comes with the watch (the lens magnifies too much).

To my surprise I found the glass was glued to the case. I had to dismantle everything and use a pipe wrench to get a grip and remove it. The crown seems also smaller (thinner) than the past.

Do we have comparison pics for these JK watches over the years? I got it from Marvellousreplica.

In the pic my gen 1675 and JK 1680.

4D69C005-8B7B-43A8-8AFA-8FB869D8399F.thumb.jpeg.836921658d7cca8be476a5b31f8c461b.jpeg

Edited by chriz74

I also found the glued plexi on mine, I noticed that the plexi sits a bit loose, on the 5513 that I have (bought two month ago) the plexi was sitting more straight on case.
It think that tolerances varies from one to other.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

"To my surprise I found the glass was glued to the case."

Next time you have a '1680' apart, measure the diameter of the case neck, it should be 28.2mm (5512/5513/1680 are all 28.2mm).  If it is 28.2mm, it means the case neck is oem spec and any oem spec crystal/bezel combo should fit.

I had problems with crystals fitting properly on my DW '1680' cases because the case necks are 28.1 give or take.  I ordered a few assorted non genuine 127 crystals and tried them with different inner bezels until I found the closest fit.  Then I had to trial and error fit the rotating bezel to the inner bezel because they are hit or miss when you mix them up.  It was a hassle but I got by without using any glue.

The Sternkreuz XS303.430 crystal should be oem spec or very close.

31 minutes ago, automatico said:

"To my surprise I found the glass was glued to the case."

Next time you have a '1680' apart, measure the diameter of the case neck, it should be 28.2mm

Did you ever put a Yuki dial in a JK case?