When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Breathing new life into an old build

Mattjames84

So I recently purchase what was supposed to be a well built 5513 which came in a little short of well built.. from what I was told the case is an mbw with casework done by rolojack and reengraved

Vietnam dial

Slay insert with gen aged pearl

Hands and dial aged

Run of the mil 2836

The crown is said to be gen but looks like someone filed into it at one time and has a big chunk missing where it it screws to the case.

And for a bracelet it got a that appears to be from a tudor sub, dont know if get or not

Parts iv ordered:

-New aftermarket bezel assembly off ebay (but I think I may only need the retainer ring, we'll see)

-Good running low beat 2846 that's in a no name watch right now

-athaya crown and tube

-3 different crystal so iv got options of what lots and fits the best

Pics are from when I got it and took it apart

20200505_132425.jpg

20200505_133209.jpg

20200507_153301.jpg

20200507_153322.jpg

20200507_135616.jpg

I don't think that's an MBW! Wrong serial number and it says Orig Rolex Design- MBW would say Orig Polfy Design and the inside of the caseback would be marked Gelena Shiterand.

When you change out a case tube, it's always a good idea to run the tap thru there first to clean up the threads- 3.0mm x .35 is the tap size. BTW, people have been having trouble with the Athaya 702 crowns lately, good luck!

3 minutes ago, alligoat said:

I don't think that's an MBW! Wrong serial number and it says Orig Rolex Design- MBW would say Orig Polfy Design and the inside of the caseback would be marked Gelena Shiterand.

When you change out a case tube, it's always a good idea to run the tap thru there first to clean up the threads- 3.0mm x .35 is the tap size. BTW, people have been having trouble with the Athaya 702 crowns lately, good luck!

All the engravings where redone when case work was done, so really no way to tell and the inside on of the from the pictures is correct, I'll verify once I get my caseback opener

"Oh by the way for info purposes for others, the GS pa462-66 crystal fit perfect, Clark's was too fat and so was the pa462-67." 

I used a Clark 19 on a cartel case with oem spec case neck with a generic oem spec bezel kit and it worked OK.  Do not know what the OD is on Clark 19 crystals.

Used a PA 462-66 on an MBK case with ST bezel kit and it worked Ok.  Case neck OD and bezel ID were both oem spec.

It is hit or miss on a lot of projects though.

PA 462-67   30.48mm OD

PA 462-66   30.45 mm OD

PA 462-20A   30.30mm OD

PA 462-19H (Hi Dome)   30.28mm OD

Do not know what the PA 462-19H (Hi Dome) crystal fits, never tried one on anything.

More sizes:

http://www.ofrei.com/page419.html