When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Vostok Amphibian insert construction video

RickFlorida

There is no audio but here is how I made an insert for a vostok amphibian on the way to me.  I bought a bezel that fits seiko inserts but due to the pandemic, shipping costs are outrageous from Dagaz or other insert dealers.

So I made my own insert and will have Shapeways print it in aluminum.  Then I'll paint it black and fill the lume hole I made with yellow or cream lume.

https://us.bbcollab.com/collab/ui/session/playback/load/da434f68fed841bfac8d3c228fc774ff

Nice watch, JackFlash!   I like your bezel/insert!    My insert I designed is obviously more flat that the traditional fifty fathoms style of the diamond lume I used but I wanted to make it flat and simple after seeing other mods like that.  I might play around and make a traditional insert with 15, 45 markers and the lines but I will personally use the simple one.  

You are in the UK?  It was ill be interesting to see how long my vostok takes to get here to the USA with the pandemic.   I ordered my Amphibian 2 weeks ago and they warned me how long things are taking.  So I'll have time to paint my insert once I get it.

Ordered the bezel from Vostok-Watches24.com

https://www.vostok-watches24.com/e-home/e-spareparts/e-massiv/#cc-m-product-13697045992

All stainless steel rather than an insert. Took around 2-3 weeks to get to me in the EU from Russia.

1bf9fc6ed5afad9f75eb013880cfea3a.plist

Also tried this on there for a while. Looked a little top-heavy to me though. That’s the beauty of the Vostoks, easy to swop the bezels around.

edac348c33f0c1b990d55c10182f155e.plist
9894cf3cf6ccd20527237aeb2e1466c0.plist