When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Genuine check - 16613 case

DC109

Hello experts, I picked up a "gen" 16613 case years ago and it has been sitting in the parts drawer.  I decided to start a build, but found that the first several dials I dropped in are too big.  They include: a 2017 JF 16610 (back when some of them had slightly large dials/movements), a 2016 Noob V6 116610LV, and a TC KH dial.  Maybe this is because the gen case has tighter tolerances, but it has me worried the case is a very good looking but badly performing rep.  Here are some photos--I'm hoping others can weigh in!

IMG-5250.jpg
IMG-5254.jpg
IMG-5255.jpg
IMG-5262.jpg

8 minutes ago, oldtools said:

Do you have some calipers to measure the dial diameter? Maybe cut something to the exact dial seat diameter and measure that too.

Both great ideas--I don't have calipers.  The dials I tried are only too big by a fraction of a millimeter, so too small and precise a measurement for me to get with a ruler.  I know a genuine dial should be 27.4mm, so I'm hoping all the reps I have tried are just too close to 28 to fit the precise cutout for a gen case... but maybe I've just got to get some calipers.