When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Puretime delivery cost to AU is Fifty Five Bucks!!!!

cornerstone

pure.png.d80ec03a683adaac524a5a896cae8904.png

Hahahahahahahahaha......USD55 actual dollars to post a watch.

FIFTY FIVE DOLLARS.

A watch.

In local currency that's AU$80 for postage right now.

There are literal crack dealers that can't get away with that for postage.  (But I'm not quite that desperate to be able to tell the time, if anything I already have far, far to many watches for the number of arms I have.... )

I can only assume he was once molested by a koala at a petting zoo or something.  Or has some kind of Liam-Neeson-Taken-style vendetta on letting Australians catch trains and buses on time.

It is airport robbery.  Besides that, it probably has an 80 or 90 percent chance of ever getting there because if anyone along the way wants the watch...it's gone without a trace.

I've been waiting on 5 or 6 watches from 'WLD' for about 19 years...and three from 'Cal' before that.     

What's crazy is I still have 'nos' replicas from back then.  Maybe I need to have a 'Crazy Sale!'   :pimp:

A few shipping cost examples:

https://www.parcelmonkey.com/quick-shipping-calculator/results?quote_result_id=80e6f68c-0c2e-49f2-89ba-5dfd8fd50a14

Arguably it could be to do with fewer flights flying at the moment, maybe.  I haven't seen other delivery charges go up though.

No need to triangulate here - as long as you're not trying to post a banana, fruit or vegetable, it seems to be fine.  (Other TDs aren't charging this much right now, obviously they win on that front).