When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

GRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!

Nanuq

You know what I really really really HATE doing with watches? Putting those pansy fricken miniature wussy hands back on. :rant:

AAARRGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

3f2d37a0ff19310f39c975eaf7c075f0.jpg

Looks like a Seiko Dagaz mod to me.

I just put a NH36A movement in an old SKX031 and added a set of mercedes hands.

BdDGQG.jpg

My other Seiko project was to put a Dagaz dial and hands into an $80 Invicta diver- now I have a $170 diver! I really like the NH35A movement in those Invictas these days

Sorry for the bad pic

dg8vwQ.jpg

Yep dagaz/Yobokies it is. I finished an orange one, but the next has the nh36 movement and the hands WOULD NOT go on. Gawd, that’s frustrating.

4405fde8e70736a7cd195c017ee24a02.jpg

Guys w/ hands as large as ours should not be working on watches! LOL

PS you mean you need to be able to see small things I'm out , tried w/ two pairs of glasses still fuc*ed it up! I even have the jeweler head gear w/ round magnifier that comes down and a light, again no joy......................

Yeah what’s with that? By the time you get old enough to afford nice watches, your eyesight goes and you can’t SEE the things!

• Like 1

Yeah I pushed too hard and smashed that hours hand down so far it wouldn't turn then I had to get it back off.  Tweezers?  Nope.  Hemostats?  Not on your life.  Pick it up with an xacto knife?  Dream on.  Give me the damn channel-locks.

It came off.  And I broke the weak-ass pansy fricken cheap wussy miniature godforsaken stinking stem inside the crown.

:blowup:

Next time I need to take a Seiko apart I'm using a different set of tools.  I'm done "persuading" things to come apart.

seiko.jpg

• Haha 1

Oh that wasn’t a howl of agony, that was the movement whistling as it re-entered the atmosphere.

Anyone got a link for Seiko movements?