When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

6238 pre-daytona

cla74

Hello everyone! you have links where I can find a 6238 .... that accepts genuine parts for a hypothetical project! and that it has a 7205 indotation! because it seems to me only Monti 78350 .... at least the one that sells Trusty time has no bracelet 7205 but mounts a 78350 ..... better a 6238 or a 6265? I'm undecided about this Franken project! waiting for advice ....! thank you

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

No one makes a 6238 that accepts genuine parts unless you go to someone like Phong (jewelryandwatch.com) and spend a lot of money- over $1000 for the case, $400 for a dial and then you'll need a V72 movement to stick in there- $1000-1500. 

Trusty has the 6238 with the Venus 75 movement and it's not a bad rep- he says it takes gen parts but I'm not too sure about that.

https://trustytime.shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_6&products_id=7576

I picked up the same watch from Marvellous for $240 shipped back in the early spring. It's a nice rep and the Venus 75 is a fairly reliable movement.

I think you're missing the point. You can't put a better plastic crystal on a rep 6238 and make it a franken first of all. And if you bought a genuine T-21 (for $100-200, maybe) and it did fit on the $240 rep it would be a poor use of a genuine part- the cheap rep doesn't deserve a genuine part, unless you got it for a cheap price and want to waste the gen part. Secondly, don't believe what the rep guys tell you- most of it is sales hype.