When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

3135 Clones on eBay

508-Fanatic

Hello all

looking for a clone 3135 - see a lot of them on the bay. 

they range from $200 to $300

https://www.ebay.com/itm/for-RLX-submariner-parts-and-case-Clone-ETA-SH-3135-Movement-complete-compatible/264566823171?_trkparms=ispr%3D1&hash=item3d99695903:g:dYwAAOSwKKZdpRot

and here’s the $ one

https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Watch-Movement-Automatic-CLONE-Replacement-Rolex-cal-3135-Frequency-28800/333088054870?hash=item4d8d985e56:g:HpwAAOSw40Zeg5tn

thoughts? My plan is to put a good amount of genuine parts into it mostly the time-keeping and reliability parts. 

anyone ever do this? Any suggestion on parts to replace? 

8 hours ago, beanvatan said:

May I asks you why eBay? First of all, it's overpriced! Secondly, most of the pictures on there are SH3135-SA3135 advertised as VR with a blue hairspring. Why not get one from our M2M sales for less? And more secure shipping???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it’s where I found them? Yuki is sold out as is everyone else, and I haven’t seen anything come up in M2M sales. 

do you have one for sale?

4 hours ago, beanvatan said:

If I am bot mistaken, are you the one with an awesome day date 18239 long time ago? If so do you still have the watch?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

that was an exceptional build, but no I sold it I sell most of these things, build them, enjoy them, sell them. I am always bored. There’s only  a core select few watches I keep. 

4 hours ago, 508-Fanatic said:

that was an exceptional build, but no I sold it I sell most of these things, build them, enjoy them, sell them. I am always bored. There’s only  a core select few watches I keep. 

I thought about that watch because I have my eyes on the same model and or the Yellow Gold 18238. But because of the COVID-19, my spending and my income are limiting. Supporting a family of five and a business to run with limited incomes is hard! It makes me feel like when I first started my own business, and the only difference is only my wife and me back then. It's such a shame that we didn't know each other earlier and I missed your day-date sales thread! I guess at least we know each other now, rather than later. This watch below is always my dream watch! It's such a shame that it's still unobtainable for me.

4 hours ago, 508-Fanatic said:

I sell most of these things, build them, enjoy them, sell them. I am always bored.

At least that day-date served you well, I hope!

"This watch below (Prez) is always my dream watch!  It's such a shame that it's still unobtainable for me."

I know how it feels. 

For what it's worth, my never ending DD project story...

I always liked a yellow gold DD (Prez) timehead with a croc strap and gold buckle so I decided to put an 18k DD rep together in February 2001 starting out with an 18k replica case. 

Here it is mid 2020 and I still have...the empty case.

What happened?

The case is oem spec outside, crystal, bezel, case tube etc, but the dial needs to be 30.0mm OD because the inside of the case is not oem spec.

What have I done so far?

I gave up on it being a DD and bought a custom 30mm dial for a DJ 41 (cream white with goldtone Romans) and it will work in the case but the date offset is not the same as a 36mm rlx so it needs a special DWO or something. 

Finally found a DWO for a DJ 41 after a long search but it looks like it might be a hassle to install it on an ETA 28xx.

So...I decided to go with an Accutron II 'smooth sweep' movement and make a 36mm DJ using the DJ 41 spec dial.

How is that going?

Pretty good except the DJ 41 DWO will not work on the A-II movement because there is not enough room between the A-II movement with a DWO and the dial.  Plus...the hands would be too close to the dial if the dial was spaced away from the movement to allow for the DWO.

What's next?

I decided to use the A-II movement with the standard (white with black numbers) A-II DW and see how close it lines up with the DJ 41 dial window...only pretty close.  The font is a close match to rlx but the A-II date offset is about 1mm too far to the right to work with the DJ 41 date window in the dial.

Where is the project now?

Waiting for me to make a proper size date window frame out of .4mm thick .925 silver (soft and easy to work with) and have it gold plated along with the hands.  The date window frame will cover the modified (wider) date window on the DJ 41 spec dial.

Btw...thought about trying to make up an ETA 28xx DD with a 41mm Prez/DD dial but the date and day wheels etc would be a real problem so I skipped it.

Will it ever be finished?

If I live long enough.  :pimp:

Could give up and scrap it...29 grams 18k without a bezel = $1400 full scrap price 8-7-20.  A friend pays 90% = about $1300.  

ST has 18k 36mm DJ cases for $5290 with a bezel...about $1600 worth of 18k. 

Otoh, probably be better to finish it because an 18k DJ rep on a strap is probably worth $2k+ even with the A-II movement.  They were $1250 or more 25 years ago with ETA 28xx and $400 troz gold.

Accutron II movement = super accurate, no mech watch hassles.  Drop it, who cares?  Put it on and go.

FYI...sold a 14k 218 Accutron case and 18 size 1892 Waltham 14k open face pocket watch case last week for $2400.  Many gold watches are now worth more for scrap than as a running watch.  The PW case was sorta rough, have another 18 size 14k 1892 Waltham with a Vanguard 21 jewel RR movement.  Do not need two.

Vintage Bulova watches have a lot of gold in them. 

Average low level snap back 14k  cases will bring $200 or so.  I could buy them (running watches) 20 years ago for $100 or less.  Found a 9k rectangle 'Grand Prix' watch with a $40 price tag on it and a 10k 32mm Croton with a $50 tag on it in my watchjunk.  Times sure have changed.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, beanvatan said:

I thought about that watch because I have my eyes on the same model and or the Yellow Gold 18238. But because of the COVID-19, my spending and my income are limiting. Supporting a family of five and a business to run with limited incomes is hard! It makes me feel like when I first started my own business, and the only difference is only my wife and me back then. It's such a shame that we didn't know each other earlier and I missed your day-date sales thread! I guess at least we know each other now, rather than later. This watch below is always my dream watch! It's such a shame that it's still unobtainable for me.

At least that day-date served you well, I hope!

It was a lovely piece! Thanks. 

I want to build a killer franken modern Day Date 00E95FCC-7305-439A-8B95-007A54561CC3.thumb.jpeg.28860167dbd17500425c27867083d411.jpeg

3 hours ago, 508-Fanatic said:

It was a lovely piece! Thanks. 

I want to build a killer franken modern Day Date 00E95FCC-7305-439A-8B95-007A54561CC3.thumb.jpeg.28860167dbd17500425c27867083d411.jpeg

I guess you could use this watch as a base to mod

https://puretimewatch.io/watch-brands/rolex/day-date-ii/day-date-ii-ss-1-1-best-edition-black-dial-crystal-markers-on-ss-bracelet-a3255-same-serials-card.html

12 hours ago, automatico said:

"This watch below (Prez) is always my dream watch!  It's such a shame that it's still unobtainable for me."

I know how it feels. 

For what it's worth, my never ending DD project story...

I always liked a yellow gold DD (Prez) timehead with a croc strap and gold buckle so I decided to put an 18k DD rep together in February 2001 starting out with an 18k replica case. 

Here it is mid 2020 and I still have...the empty case.

What happened?

The case is oem spec outside, crystal, bezel, case tube etc, but the dial needs to be 30.0mm OD because the inside of the case is not oem spec.

What have I done so far?

I gave up on it being a DD and bought a custom 30mm dial for a DJ 41 (cream white with goldtone Romans) and it will work in the case but the date offset is not the same as a 36mm rlx so it needs a special DWO or something. 

Finally found a DWO for a DJ 41 after a long search but it looks like it might be a hassle to install it on an ETA 28xx.

So...I decided to go with an Accutron II 'smooth sweep' movement and make a 36mm DJ using the DJ 41 spec dial.

How is that going?

Pretty good except the DJ 41 DWO will not work on the A-II movement because there is not enough room between the A-II movement with a DWO and the dial.  Plus...the hands would be too close to the dial if the dial was spaced away from the movement to allow for the DWO.

What's next?

I decided to use the A-II movement with the standard (white with black numbers) A-II DW and see how close it lines up with the DJ 41 dial window...only pretty close.  The font is a close match to rlx but the A-II date offset is about 1mm too far to the right to work with the DJ 41 date window in the dial.

Where is the project now?

Waiting for me to make a proper size date window frame out of .4mm thick .925 silver (soft and easy to work with) and have it gold plated along with the hands.  The date window frame will cover the modified (wider) date window on the DJ 41 spec dial.

Btw...thought about trying to make up an ETA 28xx DD with a 41mm Prez/DD dial but the date and day wheels etc would be a real problem so I skipped it.

Will it ever be finished?

If I live long enough.  :pimp:

Could give up and scrap it...29grams 18k without a bezel = $1400 full scrap price 8-7-20.  A friend pays 90% = about $1300.  

ST has 18k 36mm DJ cases for $5290 with a bezel...about $1600 worth of 18k. 

Otoh, probably be better to finish it because an 18k DJ rep on a strap is probably worth $2k+ even with the A-II movement.  They were $1250 or more 25 years ago with ETA 28xx and $400 troz gold.

Accutron II movement = super accurate, no mech watch hassles.  Drop it, who cares?  Put it on and go.

FYI...sold a 14k 218 Accutron case and 18 size 1892 Waltham 14k open face pocket watch case last week for $2400.  Many gold watches are now worth more for scrap than as a running watch.  The PW case was sorta rough, have another 18 size 14k 1892 Waltham with a Vanguard 21 jewel RR movement.  Do not need two.

Vintage Bulova watches have a lot of gold in them. 

Average low level snap back 14k  cases will bring $200 or so.  I could buy them (running watches) 20 years ago for $100 or less.  Found a 9k rectangle 'Grand Prix' watch with a $40 price tag on it and a 10k 32mm Croton with a $50 tag on it in my watchjunk.  Times sure have changed.

At least you got all the parts you needed, bro. I have no clue where to get the gold day-date 36 case these days. I contacted Matt, but my budget is way over! If I decided to pull a trigger right now, I could see many months of living on instant noodles and empty gas tanks! Which is doesn't help me much with driving to work daily. Also, I will find myself being jailing by the wife police! Scary!