When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

15 years of collecting PAM - one photo

dadog13

4 hours ago, Sogeha said:

Sorry, auto corrupt at it’s finest. I have edited my postemoji6.png

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

It would be a really long thread if I was to write the complete story and people don’t like to read a lot as far as I have seen on the various forums.  

I can say that in the collection there are some references that are considered rare these days, some of them have been running without any issues for 10+ years. Some are franken, there’s a gen one as well in the photo. One of the funnier stories is about the PAM202 that I bought from a gen forum (!). They all came from different corners of the world, from dealers and members. It’s been a long and nice adventure collecting all of them. There are even pieces I sold and bought back, we all make some mistakes. 

Favorite references? Impossible to mention just one, love them all. Maybe my heart beats faster when I hold in hands or on the wrist one of the custom made VDB vinatge PAM with Angelus SF240 movement or Cortebert 616. Maybe it is one of the old school EL 027/028. Maybe it’s one of the submersible PAM 064-087-187-202-225-243,..as you can see I could go on and on. I simply fell in love with the brand and hobby and went on this journey to collect what I have collected so far. Good news is that I have more on the way and will keep collecting as long as they put a smile on my face. 

1 hour ago, MAHLER said:

Mamma mia, stupenda collezione!!

Inviato dal mio Redmi Note 7 utilizzando Tapatalk

Grazie!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, tompa_k said:

Wow you are crazy ;) why Pam? Beautiful collection buddy

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

It was love at the 1st sight back when I saw them for the 1st time in the ad of one magazine. After that the whole history of the brand and once I bought the 1st rep (from Joshua) I was bitten by the bug 

4 hours ago, Zurks said:

Wow... just wow

;)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tribal said:

Wow!!!!!emoji15.png
that's a massive collection of Pams.
You are a real Paneristi! emoji106.png
I love it.emoji1787.pngemoji106.pngemoji106.pngemoji106.pngemoji106.png

Gesendet von meinem Mi MIX 2S mit Tapatalk

thank you

I’m a RepPaneristi :D

3 hours ago, Dinkis said:

giphy.gif
Well done! Love it. The best part is those that don’t know the history of the brand don’t understand why it is so special. Our hobbies keep us sane with all the madness of work, Family and the world. Thanks for sharing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You’re welcome, glad to see you guys enjoying the hobby as well :)

2 hours ago, nikrnic said:

Many Many Congrats! Stallone can't come close to that!..

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Thank you! :)

2 hours ago, Euphoricall78 said:

Impressive collection!  It was this Panerai brand that got me into this hobby of watches...and downhill after that into that deep hole as like any hobby! 😅

For me it was the 111/112 that started it all, and if I remember correctly I purchased my first piece from Sead over at RG for one of his modded 112. 

It’s always nice to remember how it all started. For me it was a cheap PAM029 21j asian auto mvt from Joshua/Perfect Clones. I sold later that watch to a good friend of mine that still has it while I upgraded later to a 029 with ET2893-2 from Eddie Lee (sold that one as well and went for a Noob V2 that I still have in my collection).

27 minutes ago, dadog13 said:

It’s always nice to remember how it all started. For me it was a cheap PAM029 21j asian auto mvt from Joshua/Perfect Clones. I sold later that watch to a good friend of mine that still has it while I upgraded later to a 029 with ET2893-2 from Eddie Lee (sold that one as well and went for a Noob V2 that I still have in my collection).

Ah the EL days, seems like yesterday.  That 112 has now gone to a good friend and the collection has grown and downsized over the years...pieces have come and gone and only kept a few PAMs that will prob stay for now including a Honpo franken 29b that has been passed through a few oldtimers which i'm now a guardian.  I miss my 061c which I wish I kept, maybe it will come back one day if meant to be. 😃

10 hours ago, Euphoricall78 said:

Ah the EL days, seems like yesterday.  That 112 has now gone to a good friend and the collection has grown and downsized over the years...pieces have come and gone and only kept a few PAMs that will prob stay for now including a Honpo franken 29b that has been passed through a few oldtimers which i'm now a guardian.  I miss my 061c which I wish I kept, maybe it will come back one day if meant to be. 😃

My ups and downs were ~10 years ago when I downsized my collection from 30pcs to just a few. Kept the 027/028/029 and some other “old school” stuff. 

I fully understand why you miss the 61d

1EB57B23-F6E3-4F5A-9138-407F40933ED7.jpeg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, StormTooper4 said:

Such an amazing shot . there are some beauties in there 

Thank you for your kind words. It’s difficult to make something different than what we usually see (wristshots), I try sometimes to make something different like this for example

885C15F9-F6F9-429A-80C2-2E3C3E1F3175.jpeg

• Like 3

• 5 months later...