When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I want build 6263 watch

PP5712

From Phong, but it will cost you several thousand Dollars

if you can find a dial, that might cost you into five figures alone, another two thousand for a movement. You are in unicorn territory and will likely spend a long time and a great deal of money acquiring parts

• Like 2

"You are in unicorn territory..."

For sure.

Image result for unicorn

Used to be these projects could be put together for $2k or less.  Not now, because of 'rolex insanity' and the fact that the $250 'go to' David Wong case has been MIA for years...along with DW.  Also, V72 movements were put in many 'no name' watches that were selling for $300 to $500 back then.  Not now.  They have all been scooped up.

Something else to consider...at today's prices it would be easy to sink $5k or $6k in a watch with your specs even if you went with an aftmkt dial.  Imho that is a lot of $$ for a watch that anyone other than us (RWG etc guys) would not pay much more than $1000 for just to get the movement.  I learned this with 1570/1520 powered 5512/13 Frankensteins.  There are exceptions of course.

If I wanted to 'scratch the itch' for a while, I would buy a cartel '6263' with a Seagull ST19 from 'Mary' or someone and wear it while I searched out the options and prices of putting one together.

I recommended 'Mary' because my last purchase was a few 'foldoyster' bracelets...easy and trouble free. 

The other TDs are good too but I have not purchased anything from them in a while.

Another option is to keep a lookout for one with V72 etc in the Trading Zone.

Good luck!

• Like 3

On 12/21/2020 at 5:46 PM, PP5712 said:

Hello,where can buy complete watch 6263

As others have said, the cost to construct a watch as you describe would either cost several thousand dollars or a few thousand and several months (or years) of work searching for parts. I have not been following the market for the past several years, but I think your best option would be to purchase a good rep with properly-dimensioned (i.e., genuine dimensions) case. Then, replace the crystal, bracelet, crown/tube & dial coronet with gen parts. This will still cost a couple thousand, but you will end up with a very credible-looking/feeling vintage Daytona.

If you want to ice the cake, remove the auto-wind module from the movement (assuming you purchase a rep with an auto-wind movement) and see about locating a flatter caseback, so the watch sits lower on your wrist (1 of the tells of rep 62xx Daytonas is that their casebacks are thicker/taller to accomodate an auto-wind components, which is incorrect for these watches).

p.s. Don't ask me for sources, because I have been out of the hobby for too long and no longer know who is good or in business. It is best to post a request for assistance, so members who are actively buying/building watches can assist you.

• Like 1

On 12/25/2020 at 12:52 PM, PP5712 said:

Thx all,valjoux 730 build 6263 is best?

The Valjoux 730 has a calendar complication, which would require modifications to work on a Daytona build. It is not your best option.

From a cost/availability standpoint, your best option for a Valjoux movement would be the base Valjoux 72 movement, as opposed to the Valjoux 726 you mentioned in your OP.

If you want to read more about building a franken Daytona, you can start with my build post (linked in my signature). The start looking at other's build threads. A lot of people have taken on a Valjoux 72 based Daytona build, and there is a lot of good information in them.

• 1 month later...
On 12/21/2020 at 11:46 PM, PP5712 said:

1.Movement 726
2.phong case
3.pushers swiss made p302
4.gen silver samll red dail
5.gen crown 703
6.gen 6 hands
7.gen Crystal

Thx

I have a phong 6263 case and an excellent original 726 movement for sale. 

Also a complete phong watch 6263 with 727 movement and Paul Newman dial 

So, I probably shouldn't chime in here and say I have 4 DW/Spinmaster Flat Case Back (like Freddy describes) parts Daytona's laying around.  I even have a correct "111 & Units" Bezel on one of them. 😄  Not for Sale right now.  

1.Movement 726
2.phong case
5.gen crown 703
6.gen 6 hands
7.gen Crystal

Thx

1.Movement 726
2.phong case
5.gen crown 703
6.gen 6 hands
7.gen Crystal

Thx

I have a new phong Daytona 6263 paul newman for sale.

7271.jpg

• 1 month later...
7 minutes ago, tgomez07 said:

Do you have one for Sale? If so, I’m very interested and how much? Let me know when convenient. Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello,

I have one with phong case and phong Paul Newman dial and hands and Valjoux 72 movement and orig. Bracelet. prrice 4500 USD

3 minutes ago, schlossgeist said:

Hello,

I have one with phong case and phong Paul Newman dial and hands and Valjoux 72 movement and orig. Bracelet. prrice 4500 USD

3 minutes ago, schlossgeist said:

Hello,

22 minutes ago, schlossgeist said:

Hello,

I have to post it thru the sales forum. Will try to do it

On 12/25/2020 at 6:52 PM, PP5712 said:

Thx all,valjoux 730 build 6263 is best?

727 is best-but very expensive even a clone from phong

2 minutes ago, Sogeha said:

Yes, please keep comments to the sales thread, it is okay to post a link to the sale here, since you had an enquiry 

I have upgraded to VIP-where to go to sales forum?

28 minutes ago, Sogeha said:

Again I have to warn you about selling outside the sales forum

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

How can I sell my watch?Is the only one I have and I signed up for VIP. Now the rules say I have to make some sales for small money before I can sell the watch? I dont have any other watches for sale. So the money for VIP has been useless to pay.

1 hour ago, tgomez07 said:

Do you have one for Sale? If so, I’m very interested and how much? Let me know when convenient. Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am unable to post my watch as I am new to rwg and have to sell some cheap stuff first before I will be able to sell it here 

sorry