When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

[QC] Ballon Bleu de Cartier 36mm V6F

merinium23

Hello fellow RWG:ers,

I just recieved QC photos of my Ballon Bleu de Cartier 36mm from Hontwatch and would be very please if you shed som thoughts on my nitpicking.
MY QUESTIONS BELOW:
  • Dial Printing: Here my nitpicking starts. The "Swiss Made" on the bottom looks crooked "SWISs mADe". And the "Automatic" looks a bit wierd on some of the pictures, as if it wasn't completely filled and or overfilled. I'm having a hard time at the main "Cartier" print, there is some shadowing on the upper right and left corners. Any thoughts on this?
  • Timegrapher numbers: It cointains a NH05 movement. 245 AMP is a bit below acceptable, and 0.6ms is, I guess, acceptable.

This is my first proper QC and I hope to get some good answers, and I wish you all a great day! Excuse my insufficient english and grammar, not a native!

Bought it for 230 USD including shipping. Very good price in my opinion, and so far Hontwatch has been a loveley and quick replying dealer.

I am unsure if I should GL or RL this one, I just care for the dial printing, and don't want it to look off..

Kind regards

M.
Edited by merinium23

Hontwatch is not a TD here, we don’t go in for sharing QC pictures, and you may want to consider how it comes across you walking into our clubhouse and demanding we all drop what we are doing and concentrate on your agenda before you have even said hello

Other than that, happy Christmas 

• Sad 1

Hontwatch is not a TD here, we don’t go in for sharing QC pictures, and you may want to consider how it comes across you walking into our clubhouse and demanding we all drop what we are doing and concentrate on your agenda before you have even said hello

Other than that, happy Christmas 

Hey,

Sorry for all of this. I am just really so unsure, and this is literally my one and only replica watch I probably will ever buy, and it is also the only specific one 36mm that I like..

I didin't know you couldn't post QC pictures from non-TD, will make sure to double check the forum rules again.

And also, I enjoy the rep world forums, and am constantly browsing even though im not planning on buying more reps for myself right now..

And this is also maybe my 2nd time ever posting on a forum, didn't really know that saying hello and greeting people was a thing, or a norm, I am sorry.

Happy christmas to you aswell..

Shall I delete this post then?.. :(

Edited by merinium23

Hey,

Sorry for all of this. I am just really so unsure, and this is literally my one and only replica watch I probably will ever buy, and it is also the only specific one 36mm that I like..

I didin't know you couldn't post QC pictures from non-TD, will make sure to double check the forum rules again.

And also, I enjoy the rep world forums, and am constantly browsing even though im not planning on buying more reps for myself right now..

And this is also maybe my 2nd time ever posting on a forum, didn't really know that saying hello and greeting people was a thing, or a norm, I am sorry.

Happy christmas to you aswell..

Shall I delete this post then?..

No, leave it up, maybe the guys will help you. Just bear in mind we are very much a community and I’m sure you would have said hello first if we had met face to face

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

2 minutes ago, Sogeha said:

No, leave it up, maybe the guys will help you. Just bear in mind we are very much a community and I’m sure you would have said hello first if we had met face to face

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks for you reply.

I understand and apologize for coming off as someone that demands people to answer to my QC issues and that I just came here to pick the answer up and then leave even withouth answering or thanking people, now when I read my post and realize the context it pretty much sums up your feelings.

Thanks again.. Have a great day.

Edited by merinium23

The shadows and shading you are perceiving are a result of the guilloche pattern of the dial

You’re looking at it at 10x the magnification than it will appear IRL.

It’s a $200 rep, it’s not going to be exactly like the $5500 gen. If you reject it, you won’t be getting a better one.

Stop nitpicking, and manage your expectations.

• Like 1