When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Panerai Luminor center pin polish

swdivad

Hi guys!

First, I'd like to say Merry Christmas to you, and hope you and Yours have a (much) Happy New Year!

I've recently acquired a few Noob and HF Panerai (026, 056, 177, 390) models... Two of them have pretty crappy center pin polish jobs on them, mostly a rough conical shape as opposed to the properly done slightly domed and highly polished center pin.

To fix this, I thought to initially send one to my watchmaker to dome and polish...

He's come back saying that the pins seem to be chrome plated over some red (possibly brass) metal.

Has anyone experienced this, or even better, do any of you have a solution to these poorly manufactured center pins? 

• 8 months later...

Swiss ETA parts

The 3.15mm cannon pinion # 00240.6497.03 - 134017

The 2.15mm matching hour wheel ~ 00250.6497.03 - 134014

Do make sure that you get the parts ending .03. The same part ending 02 is not tall enough to allow for the thickness of the dial in these watches. While you may only need the cannon pinion (it's the one that appears in the centre of the min hand) getting the corresponding hour wheel will ensure that you have the 1mm for the min hand to mount.

These should be readily available from any material house, e.g. Cousins UK, Borel, Ofrei etc. Do not be fooled into paying the ridiculous prices on eBay. These are not expensive parts.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1