When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Other Watches with the full day/date window like the President, perhaps in ladies sizes?

RickFlorida

Question

I was curious if there are other movements/watches that use a full day window like the Rolex president but perhaps in ladies sizes? I was thinking of building or getting a watch for my wife that has the full name of the day displayed like a president. It doesn't necessarily have to be automatic, quartz is okay.   I think that full day display window design is really neat.  Thanks.

1 answer to this question

I can not remember ever seeing a lady size automatic watch with day of the week spelled out at the top, not saying there are none, just that I have not seen one.  Have seen quite a few with the day and date in a row at 3 o'clock and the day is almost always shortened to three letters. 

The smaller ETA 26xx (8 3/4 ligne, about 17mm) often used in lady size watches never had a DD in the Prez configuration that I know of.

Probably some quartz examples out there and I looked on ST at the ETA 8 3/4 ligne quartz movements and did not see one.  Can not remember seeing a Cit-Eco with this feature but I have quite a few and will look through them and post an update...doubt I have one though.

Update 4-16-21:

Looked through a bunch of lady watches and none have day of the week spelled out at the top of the dial but a few have D&D at 3 with three letter day abbreviations.