When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tutor

You need to examine the movement a little more closely. Look below the balance wheel and see if it has the ETA symbol and I'm thinking that it should be a 2824-2 movement. But the Chinese can certainly copy a Tudor movement. They've copied the etas for years.

The thing is, you have a rep bracelet that fits the watch case perfectly- makes you wonder if the whole watch isn't a fake. Where did the watch come from?

"It's a fake bracelet!  The watch itself could also be a rep..."

Fer shore.

Image result for Suspicious Cat. Size: 189 x 160. Source: theverybesttop10.com

The Suspicious Cat says:

You need to be very careful with Tudors as there are extremely accurate replicas being sold complete or put together from kits. 

'Toot kits' are available and usually come with cases, dials, hands, crowns, and bracelet clasps.

All that is needed next is an ETA 2824 or clone, a signed winding rotor, and a bracelet (usually jubilee type) with hoods...455B because they are very common on replicas and easy to find. 

Most original Tudor ETA 2824 movements were fully decorated but a china Seagull deco etaclone can be substituted after the addition of a signed rotor.

'Fully signed' = ETA trademark and movement numbers on the main plate below the balance wheel and a signed rotor.

Unsigned decorated etaclone Seagull 2130 on eBay, item number  233959719208  $82 delivered.

ETA 2824-2 Replacement clone watch movement  Seagull ST2130  Automatic movement

Signed rotors for $10.34 each (inc shp) on eBay.

Item number  293303964387

OP.VdD0nI75Na9R9w474C474?w=200&h=220&rs=1&o=5&pid=21.1

This one is a hard call from just these pictures!  Bracelet is no doubt a replica, even if one were to contemplate white gold as this type of bracelet seems to have the design of a later model!  The Helvetia hallmark as stamped here was replaced by the St. Bernard dog head on this type of bracelet!  So that rules out the bracelet for me! 

The watch itself may tell another story as one striking feature on the exploded image of the movement shows the cap jewel spring  exactly the same as the Zenith eta 2832 that I once owned!   The picture of the collette wheel which is covered bythe rotor  would nail it for me to rule it either a clone eta or the modified 2824-2 by Rolex Tudor themselves!  

This may not be much help but the signed autowind bridge is good because not too many replicas have them signed.  Signed rotors yes, but not many signed aw bridges.

The timehead may be Ok but like Timelord said...It is a hard call.

I also vote the bracelet is bogus as I have a few like it.

A few years ago just about any of us could spot a replica in less than one minute.  It's not like that now.

Something else...afaik the bezel is solid 14k gold on genuines, at least they were 30 years ago.  The tutone bracelets were always gold filled or heavy gold plated.

Bought a new tutone Tudor with ygf jubilee type bracelet in July 1991 with ETA 2824-2 and it had a solid 14k gold bezel.  Iirc the list price back then was $1175, do not remember how much I paid. 

I paid $115 otd for a new 6430 Speedking on a signed lizard strap with signed buckle from an AD in 1972...it is still nos today.  Back then new rolex watches were a dime a dozen from an AD...if you had a dime.  

An example of 'high line' toot vs 'low line' rolex prices, then and now...bought a new rlx 6694 in 1989 and it was $925 out the door, still have it nos.  Now the 6694 will sell for around $2000, maybe $2500 and the tutone toot (if still nos) would go for around $1000/$1200.