When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex 4130 Movement

mjwatches

It has been several years since I was active in Daytona projects (& things may have changed since then), but many people modded movements from el primero-powered Zeniths they found on ebay.
But with so many people building frankens & Daytona prices skyrocketing, I suspect it may be much easier just to get on a Daytona waiting list.

If there is another option, another member with more recent experience may chime in.

• Like 1

Like the 3xxx clone movements, the 4xxx clone movements all come from Noob and others dirty and dry. 

For the price TT quoted just for the movement, that will also come to you dirty and dry, rebuy the watch or current version. And yes all the clones movements are the same. There are two major versions/factories. SA an VR clones. VR clones are the better 3/4xxx. 

The current state of reps with clone movements gives you 4 choices, 3 if you want a modern Daytona with more accurate case. 

1. Buy an ETA based rep whenever possible. You can always swap in a Swiss quality movement. (Not Daytona)
  2. Buy your 3/4xxx clone. Cross your fingers, wear it till it breaks or wear only on special occasions. (These are not a daily driver IMHO)
  3. Buy your 3/4xxx clone based and service it. 
  4. Buy TWO. Buy a backup. If the Rolex rep really speaks to you. Just buy a spare. 

Unless you you can do #3 yourself, #2 and #4 are your best bet. 😕

BTW. You can find the movements on eBay most of the time. I had a 3136 clone GMT implode in a Noob, bought a replacement movement on eBay. 

Here is one for an outrageous $550 on eBay. https://www.ebay.com/itm/N4130-movement-for-daytona-chronograph-function-new-/313486479556

The 3xxx clones go between $120-$200. VRs at a premium over SAs

Edit to add. Yuki started the clone movements trend, and I am not sure if his stands alone or is/influenced the SA VR versions. ?

• Like 1

I just looked on DHGate.com and this guy advertises a Noob Factory 4130 movement in his watch for $298 plus $9 shipping.

https://www.dhgate.com/product/men-s-green-black-panda-dial-v4-version-wristwatches/683649185.html

thank you fellas. any other watches have the Noob 4130 ?? wonder if I can buy another watch that’s cheaper on price with that movement

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thank you fellas. any other watches have the Noob 4130 ?? wonder if I can buy another watch that’s cheaper on price with that movement

If you want to sell it and cut your losses I'd be interested. I have a faulty one gathering dust too

• 3 weeks later...

They've been around a while now. Don't think there are any major reliability issues with the design unlike the sh3135/yuki and other clone movements. They aren't 1:1 with the gen though, lots of parts incompatible.

Mine was damaged from the dealer and unfortunately the best they could offer me was 25% off a replacement watch. Not a TD here - RWI - and to be fair the haven't hid from the problem, they've been responsive for the best part of a year to try and make a resolution. The problem was the 225 spring was so badly bent it would barely fit the case. Assembly issues rather than systemic.

• 8 months later...
Guest furetto

I have a similar problem, the clock was not working well and I took it for repair. The watchmaker told me the balance wheel was broken but can't find spare parts. Can you help me to find spare parts or a replace movement ?

many thanks for the help