When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What has happened to the replica factories lately?

horologist

I tried to order a watch through some of our trusted dealers whom I have dealt with in the past , who are also well aware of my contact details!  Just about every model I asked about was sold out!  I was then informed that there has been a raid on the factories and have been shut down!  I was shell shocked!!  Has anyone else heard about this?

This is going t impact some of our trusted dealers too!  Hopefully, what has happened is just a storm in a teacup!

By the way, who are  our remaining trusted dealers?  I just had a look at the introductory post written many moons ago for new comers and most of those dealer sites may need updating!   So many greats of this hobby have also  vanished like TC, Paul, The Zigmeister and Jackjo to mention a few😒. The world is a sadder place🤧

On 5/21/2021 at 6:24 AM, Mike on a bike said:

Hmm interesting, does this mean reps will increase in value I wonder..................

I have my tin foil hat on and I bet this certainly is the reason for this supposed "Raids"...

In my mind its more of a "Raise" in prices...

• Like 1

Raids have happened many times in the past, and they always reopen with a corresponding uptick in prices. Now that we’ve been COVIDified watch for a biiiiig uptick in prices. Heck go to DhGate and they’re swimming in reps.

• Like 2