When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How a cheapo ugly BP 1675 can look after some work.

Tribal

I have one of these in my parts drawers. The applied lume plots were laughable. Can you tell me more about the crystal and bezel swaps?  Did it require much mod. Was your bezel a click, wire, or nylon tension system?

looks like you didn’t drill the lug holes fir 2mm bars????

I have one of these in my parts drawers. The applied lume plots were laughable. Can you tell me more about the crystal and bezel swaps?  Did it require much mod. Was your bezel a click, wire, or nylon tension system?

looks like you didn’t drill the lug holes fir 2mm bars????
So a gen crystal will fit, u need the nylon gasket to fit the retainer. That's a non bezel click construction as it should be for 1675. The Lugholes are drilled to 1,2mm too.

Gesendet von meinem Mi MIX 2S mit Tapatalk

Fine looking watch!  Well worth the time and effort.

My '1675' stories:

Had a genuine 1675 like it in 1997, black insert and all but I traded it away.  The fellow I traded it to had his house robbed soon after and they got it along with 20 or 30 other watches. 

It turned out his doper niece and her boyfriend did the robbery and they got caught.  Most of the watches were still in their possession when they caught them but the GMT was missing and they would/could not tell where it went.  The County Sheriff's Department held the watches for evidence and it took a year or more before he got the rest of the watches back.

Have a replica '1675' from 12 or 15 years ago that came with printed hour markers, acrylic crystal, Pepsi insert, pretty good 'aged' markers, pierced lugs, and a new (not referb) swiss ETA 2836 with china non adjustable 24H hand conversion.  It was supposed to be a '1675' but with the 28.8 ETA 2836 it is closer to a 16750.  So...now it is a '16750'.  They look alike anyway.

I can not remember where I got it (River?) but it is still new and unworn with a jubilee bracelet.  I just now looked and it has a 6mm crown (not 5.3) and two way friction (no notch) bezel with no numbers between the lugs or inside the case back.

It is still unworn because It has one major flaw that jumps out...it says 'Oyster Perpetual Date' on the dial and it should have 'Oyster Perpetual'.  I have looked through at least 100 images of rlx 16750 with printed marker dials and have never seen one with 'OPD'.  Otoh all the 16750 with applied markers have 'OPD' on them.

I doubt many would notice this flaw but it has always bothered me.  I could buy a dial but just do not want to spend the $$.

• Like 1

So it's a cheapo 2813 based watch from a friend. He showed it to me and I told him it's not wearable in the Factory condition .
This is only a friendship service because he is a nice guy.

Gesendet von meinem Mi MIX 2S mit Tapatalk