When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Question about Raffles case 16200

Hayst

6-26-2021

An oem 1600 type case has a flat case back gasket that mounts on the case back.  The case has a flat step machined in it to accommodate the gasket when the case back is screwed down.

An oem 16200 type case uses an O ring gasket that mounts in the case.  The case back has a flat sealing surface that presses against the O ring in the case to seal it.

Most replica 16200 type cases use the O ring gasket mounted in the case.  Some may not.

The threads may or may not be the same, I never tried them.

6-27-2021

I tried a genuine rlx 1601 case back on a couple 162xx type replicas and it would not fit either one. 

Both cases were made for O ring gaskets mounted in the case.  One had a groove for case clamps, one did not.  They look like the same basic case with slightly different finishing.  Both had oem spec case necks and blind lug holes.

The 1601 CB is 32.35mm OD and my rep 162xx case backs were both 33.0mm in diameter. 

The 1601 CB threads are approximately 30.8mm and the replica 162xx CB threads are 30.0mm.  

Next, I tried the 1601 case back on a genuine rlx 162xx case...no go.  The 162xx CB threads are approximately 30.25 and the 1601 threads being approximately 30.8mm are too big. 

So...it will be hit or miss.

Btw, I was using a cheapo digital caliper so the measurements may be off a hair...maybe a hair and a half.

Besides that, there is no standard for replica cases so you never know what you might get. :fish: