When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Panerai modding advice please.

PAMman

Question

I haven’t been active on any of the rep forums for a few years but still enjoying the few modded watches that I’ve held onto. However, I’ve still got a couple of projects that, for various reasons, were never assembled. Both of these are classic 44mm 6497 based models.
I have two genuine base dials, a 002/004 and a 0010 and a genuine D series case, with crystal & CG, but no crown. Also a complete Jimmy Fu case set, with CG, but these did not have a crown. So I need two crowns which are as close to OEM spec as possible. 
The intention is to assemble the white dial into the genuine case, using a Swiss ETA 6497 - I have two NOS movements with CdG striping. The aim is to have the Jimmy Ju case set PVD’d to create a B series 004.
So I’m really looking for advice on the best source for the crowns I need and the best place to have the PVD done to OEM spec. If anyone can help I’d appreciate it. Many thanks.

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet