When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Forget about the frog..... here comes the seestern sub 300.

marsupilami

Look at that luscious "dive tables" bezel, just like God intended.  And a better quality BOR (even tho the endlinks fit is off)

Time to order the Seestern Vintage!!!

......unless someone comes up with a link for a vintage domed crystal version that has this great bezel on it?

It looks fantastic.  The Heimdallr customer service has been outstanding as well, miles better than a famous brand.  I read that review that says the Tactical Frog sits really nicely on the wrist, and the photo shows it.

With credit to @marsupilami's post I changed that order though after I'd put it in, and I have one of these Seesterns on order first.  I'll wait on this one, and then I'm going to go and buy a Heimdallr as well.

I’d love to see Heimdallr adopt the dive tables bezel engraving. That would be the ultimate for me. The slightly domed crystal and low bezel make this thing just disappear on the wrist.

10 hours ago, Nanuq said:

I’d love to see Heimdallr adopt the dive tables bezel engraving. That would be the ultimate for me. The slightly domed crystal and low bezel make this thing just disappear on the wrist.

I believe they are going to do that.  You'll have seen the doxa300t site of course, but for others the site owner there thinks it surpasses the original for wearability.

In typical style of having a watch on order, I am of course looking ahead.  The Caribbean Doxa speaks to me in special ways. 

I've got the Maranez vintage, Maranez "contemporary" and the Heimdallr.  Each one has its own strengths, but for best wearability I'm leaning toward the Tactical Frog.  It also looks slightly bigger in the dial opening.  

Now I'm champing at the bit for a dive tables bezel.  When are you posting photos of your Seestern?!  Looking at photos online it looks just like the V2 Maranez in profile.

Although I did see a link claiming Heimdallr is releasing a new bezel design.  This could be the one!    :tu:

On 9/14/2021 at 5:10 AM, Nanuq said:

I've got the Maranez vintage, Maranez "contemporary" and the Heimdallr.  Each one has its own strengths, but for best wearability I'm leaning toward the Tactical Frog.  It also looks slightly bigger in the dial opening.  

Now I'm champing at the bit for a dive tables bezel.  When are you posting photos of your Seestern?!  Looking at photos online it looks just like the V2 Maranez in profile.

Although I did see a link claiming Heimdallr is releasing a new bezel design.  This could be the one!    :tu:

The different colour options means I can justify multiples of the watch, so I'm interested in that new version too. 

I was excited when the tracking showed it taking off from China, I was a little less excited when I saw it land in Ho Chi Minh City.  :lol:  Hopefully here next week. 

I wonder if all these new versions will actually increase both sales and the appeal of the original Doxa, I think it will introduce them to a whole new audience.  Maybe I need to 'invest' in one of these now, right?

• Like 1

Yep I saw a Seestern in orange posted over on RWG.jr and it looks mighty good. So let’s see that would make 3 orange ones (Maranez, Tactical Frog and Seestern) not to mention the orange Seiko Soxa I built. Plus a yellow Maranez and yellow Tactical Frog plus (of course) another yellow Seiko Soxa. Oh and a blue Maranez V2. And a black Tactical Frog with orange minutes hand. YES DAMMIT, BECAUSE IT NEEDED TO HAPPEN! (pant pant twitch twitch)

Deep end? Was that what I jumped off of? Anyone want to buy a Doxa clone?

• 1 month later...

Hold the presses!  Hold the presses!

Just in..... Heimdallr has updated the Tactical Frog again!  Correct bezel, female endlinks connections and better dial.

Hoooooooooooooooooooly smokes, do I need ANOTHER orange Tactical Frog?

froggy.jpg

11 hours ago, Nanuq said:

Just in..... Heimdallr has updated the Tactical Frog again!  Correct bezel, female endlinks connections and better dial.

froggy.jpg

Game on!!  Can't see it on their site yet. 

It’s got a glorious low profile bezel, lots lower and heftier than the “top hat” bezels on the Maranez and Seesterns.

Speaking of, let’s see some pics of your Seestern!

On 10/18/2021 at 11:42 AM, Nanuq said:

froggy.jpg

New to this site, I just purchased the V2 of this (Tactical Frog) and was wondering if the entire bezel rotates or just the outer ring? I know on the seestern the entire bezel rotates..and might opt for that instead?  🤷‍♂️

Logically, the entire bezel would have to rotate because it's showing the abbreviated No-Decomp dive table.  For example if you bottom at 120 feet you can be there 15 minutes and ignore decompression timing stops on the way back up.  If the outer ring moved relative to the inner it would eliminate that feature.

But on the V1 watch the outer ring is a "tachymetre" and it rotates separate from the inner, as it should, for that purpose.

Bottom line, keep an eye on the website and see if they post a video about the V2 watch.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...