When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The Perfect Storm

freddy333

"The scarcity of our products is not a strategy on our part. Our current production cannot meet the existing demand in an exhaustive way, at least not without reducing the quality of our watches – something we refuse to do as the quality of our products must never be compromised. This level of excellence requires time, and as we have always done, we will continue to take the necessary time to ensure that all our watches not only comply with our standards of excellence, but also meet the expectations of our customers in terms of quality, reliability and robustness. Rolex does not compromise on what it takes to produce exceptional watches.

All Rolex watches are developed and produced in-house at our four sites in Switzerland. They are assembled by hand, with extreme care, to meet the brand's unique and high-quality standards of quality, performance and aesthetics. Understandably, this naturally restricts our production capacities – which we continue to increase as much as possible and always according to our quality criteria.

Finally, it should be noted that Rolex watches are available exclusively from official retailers, who independently manage the allocation of watches to customers."
Why the Rolex watch shortage is a 'perfect storm'

Very interesting. The only problem is, after spending a couple decades here my tastes have refined themselves into a deep corner.

Now, I want 4-digit DRSDs and Big Crowns and No CGs and RCO “Sotto”s and Pre-COMEX Subs, and the bloody things cost more than a Cessna. A NICE Cessna.

It’s either Christies or I learn how to make them myself.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, swdivad said:

I don't know about you guys, but I'd love them to rep this rep!

I have not perused the recommended dealers' listings recently, but I believe pretty much all Subs have been repped. If you want this particular model & do not see it listed in any of the dealers' catalogs, email them to see if they can acquire 1 for you. These days, I think it highly unlikely that there is a Sub that is not available as a rep.
Happy Hunting!