When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Are the prices getting too high?

GShocked

I'm not sure what that post was supposed to say?

Is it your claim that these dials are in fact reprints and not original, and that they are perfect fakes and not detectable as reprinted?

If so, obviously better pics are required and then you should post them on rolex forums to test that theory.

Some Ground Rules:

The dials have to be reprinted and not actually genuine dials

You should post clear pics and proof you have access to these watches

You should provide the source of the dial so it can be confirmed that these are truly available from a rep source

This is of course all with the assumption that you are suggesting these dials are rep dials and have no obvious flaws.

If this was not your intention, please clarify what your post was intended to suggest.

@freddy333 is a very long time member and former Moderator. There are build threads for those watches as well as a long history of posting them here. As to posting them on Rolex forums, please familiarise yourself with the rules of this forum. Posting reps on a genuine forum is a banning offence. In my book encouraging others to do so is also a banning offence. Fortunately Freddy has more white in his eye and knows we don’t ever do that

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hollywood Quiet said:

Ah, now I understand. I hope I wasn't coming off as too aggressive. There was no explanation of the pictures posted so I was curious about what the intention of the post was. 

Obviously, some clarification would be helpful.....If so, obviously better pics are required.

The DRSD is a modified aftermarket dial. It has been seen (& fooled) many a gen vintage Rolex collector. The 2 GMTs are -- a repainted gen 6542 dial plate (white) & a repainted ETA plate (black), both by Kirk Rich --which used to be (1 of 2) official Rolex dial refinishers (maybe still are, but I am not sure now).

Since I have been AWOL for the past few years & you do not know me, I will add to Sogeha's comments by adding that I've been collecting since the mid-80s, am an amateur watchsmith (mostly of vintage Rolex), was a founding member of Timezone (pre-2k) & had a close relative who was a master watchmaker with Rolex before he went indy. Oh & I welcome constructive & respectful criticism. Finally, there are multiple threads detailing the histories of all of these watches that you may still be able to find using RWG's search (though I believe some of the thread links got discombobulated in the search index during 1 of the previous site upgrades, so they may require some extra effort to locate).

(the 'Graph (left) is gen & the 2nd pic depicts the gen 1036GMT movement & parts that went into the white GMT)

6542s 001 -2_ +2__tonemapped +1.jpg

6542 1036GMT parts.JPG

gmt4 008+2__-2_tonemapped+1.jpg

IMG_0013+2__-2_tonemapped+1.jpg

IMG_0053+2__-2_tonemapped+1.jpg

Well, those are amazing builds.

No doubt they would have fooled many 'experts'

Do you think they would fool the people on rolexforums.com?

The thing that is usually the giveaway is the slight misalignments from one line to the next when compared to the originals

that is the thing that I mentioned originally that I would like to see perfected.

6 minutes ago, Hollywood Quiet said:

Do you think they would fool the people on rolexforums.com?

The thing that is usually the giveaway is the slight misalignments from one line to the next when compared to the originals

that is the thing that I mentioned originally that I would like to see perfected.

Macro shots of some of my watches, assuming they were not mine & I was ignorant of their histories, would leave me unconvinced, but definitely scratching my head. So I would expect similar reactions from other collectors. That is not to say that there are not more astute collectors than anyone here -- there certainly are. But pics of some of my watches have, inadvertently (ie., by people finding them on google & reposting them), made their way to a number of gen sites without public concern. So you just never know..

hangingrolex 028 1600x1024 Enhanced Champagne.jpg

Holy smokes, that is one nice lineup!

I could imagine if people sometimes used your pics and unknowingly represented them as gens to reference, that could introduce quite a bit of confusion.

I think when something is posted for sale is when the most critical eyes will comment on it if they see something curiously not correct or questionable, otherwise they may not think to do the high magnification detailed analysis and comparison to a 'known' gen reference point.

• Like 1