When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Little White Lies, No Harm Done If She Doesn't Know.

Markus

I did a sneaky thing the other week and bought a Planet Ocean without telling the wife. The only problem I had was how to let her know I'd spent some money on another watch. By chance I uploaded Pugwash's pic of the black dial Planet Ocean and set it as my screensaver.

188927-5231.jpg

So I set the PO pic as my screen saver and left it at that. As luck would have it the wife was on the computer tonight and saw the screensaver pic.

She looked at it and said "Is that your watch?"

"Yes it is!" I replied.

I do have another Omega rep but it's a Speedmaster, she hasn't noticed the differance and I'm not about to tell her!

Only problem I have now is I need to get rid of the Speedmaster!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did a sneaky thing the other week and bought a Planet Ocean without telling the wife. The only problem I had was how to let her know I'd spent some money on another watch. By chance I uploaded Pugwash's pic of the black dial Planet Ocean and set it as my screensaver.

Yay! I help someone defraud his missus! This made my day.

I'm proud of you, dude. What size is your monitor and what Speedmaster is it? I'll do you a special screensaver pic. :D

Yay! I help someone defraud his missus! This made my day.

I'm proud of you, dude. What size is your monitor and what Speedmaster is it? I'll do you a special screensaver pic. :D

It's a Speedmaster Broad Arrow, black dial. I'm not saying my missus is thick, she knew that I had an Omega. Just that I've managed to wing it and she hasn't noticed that the PO is a differant watch as regards the BA chrono.

As far as she's bothered I've got a nice Omega and it's the same one that I've always had.

Too funny. I want to buy a PO right now too, and I'm scared to death of my wife. I'm trying to figure out whether to send it to work or just take it like a man. I'm not much of a liar.

If you buy a 45mm PO, it'll man you up. You can then use your steely hunter/gatherer stare to put her back in her place. I am man, PO is mine, woman!

ps. Don't try this when you're not wearing your PO as it'll get you put back in your place, hard. :black_eye:

Nah, you have to remember the usual spousal response when you get caught with a new one -

"Is that another one? It looks just like all the others! :thumbdown: "

She'll never know the difference between a PO and a Speedy. The dial colour's the same isn't it? That's enough. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Just don't wear both at once and make sure you say her hair looks great. :whistling:

I have caught much hell from the little woman for my watch collecting. Went on a pam buying spree

over the course of three months and it was no easy accomplishment. Still recovering. :black_eye:

Honesty is always the best way...painful as it is, when a deceit is discovered, usually the [censored] hits the fan

and testicles become a target for pointy boots. :black_eye:

Just buy her a purse/shoes or something else of equal value for each watch you buy. She will love for you to continue to buy as many watches as you like. That is the fair thing to do, right?

Seems perfectly reasonable to me and in theory it should work, but nooooooooooooo

No deceit in my house. My wife is as observant as I. I recently tried to sneak an HD-DVD player into our home theater system. It was the same color as our old DVD player which I hid. She came to me the next day and said "Did you know anything about there being an 'HD' DVD player where our old one used to be?" with a tapping foot. I laughed, told her I was amazed, and added in "that's why I married you...because you're the only woman that would pick up on that!" then I bought the Lake House on HD-DVD for her to watch. It's even harder to hide a new watch. She looks at my wrist whenever we go out to see which one I'm wearing, and she can tell on from the other from across the room.

I got caught a little while ago with "Another" watch and how much was i spending on watches, but i had received our credit card statement the day before, and one of here Hair / Salon visits was on there!

I just replied that "less than one of your trips to the hairdresser! and you do that every 4 weeks. It is amazing how much a color and a cut costs for women.

She let it go at that :thumbsupsmileyanim: :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Finally a win for me.

Only now ill get shot for telling everyone she colors here hair. :whistling: :whistling:

I got caught a little while ago with "Another" watch and how much was i spending on watches, but i had received our credit card statement the day before, and one of here Hair / Salon visits was on there!

I just replied that "less than one of your trips to the hairdresser! and you do that every 4 weeks. It is amazing how much a color and a cut costs for women.

Ha! exactly the argument I use :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Just buy her a purse/shoes or something else of equal value for each watch you buy. She will love for you to continue to buy as many watches as you like. That is the fair thing to do, right?

Actually I like this idea and I know just where to get them too :whistling:

Ken