When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex sales rocketing 13% in 2020

freddy333

Rolex Watch Company UK SALES HAVE QUADRUPLED IN JUST 10 YEARS and more than doubled since 2016.
BREAKING NEWS: Rolex shrugs off the pandemic with sales rocketing 13% in 2020

The average price of a Rolex Daytona has increased 34% over the past year to reach nearly $48,000.
Rolex Daytonas have outperformed the stock market over the past year as collectors pile in to the $20 billion secondary market for luxury watches

"The average price of a Rolex Daytona has increased 34% over the past year to reach nearly $48,000."

$48K!!!

It sure would be nice if I had kept mine...

A new steel white dial Zenith Daytona in December 1992 from a rlx AD was $3685 out the door (list + shp).  The next three (one white, two black) from October 1996 to May 1998 were $5120 (list + shp) otd. 

A new 16610 in August 1994 was $2065 otd...discounted a few $$.  They were not very hot back then.

A new white dial Explorer II in September 1994 was $1865 otd...discounted a few $$.  They were dead in the water around here back then.

A new leftover AK was $990 otd.

All included shipping out of state to dodge sales tax.

I paid $3515 in November 1999 to a watch trader for a like new tutone Zenith Daytona w/bp.

All gone...  :cry:

"Today's outrageous asking price for a Rolex <fill-in-the-blank> will seem like a bargain a year from now."

I'll be ready if these ever go up in value...and the box is five rows across,  Ha!

IMG_0036.thumb.JPG.dab30ccff3037c85a4cc5a710e101ef3.JPG

IMG_0001.thumb.JPG.d6c6e93effe59d1f9991e8c2e2f7b000.JPG

...and if they quit runnin' I'll 'patch 'em up (the 16oz hammer is out of sight).

Can't remember what that is on the 'butcher block'.

4 hours ago, automatico said:

"Today's outrageous asking price for a Rolex <fill-in-the-blank> will seem like a bargain a year from now."

I'll be ready if these ever go up in value...and the box is five rows across,  Ha!

I do not know how long you have had the parts in that case, but gen Rolex parts have been going pretty steadily up since I began collecting. If you have not already done so, it might be time to check current values. ;)

"I do not know how long you have had the parts in that case, but gen Rolex parts have been going pretty steadily up since I began collecting." 

"Are those holding 1030 movements? If so I get the first two."

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but they are all reeplikkas.  I have a similar box of tutones and another box of SS models...all DJ.  I need to dig them out and take pics so you all will not think I'm kidding.

Also a box or two of swiss ETA stuff, and a few boxes of assorted this and that.  Almost all of it was taken in on payments on debts and it has been stacked up for years. 

I still have three watches with cal 1030 left...a 1956 tutone 6605 with swiss '56 marked tt bracelet, a 1959 steel 6605 with a like new swiss jubilee (probably 1970s), and an early 1960s gold top 6634 on a strap. 

The tutone has a refinished dial and pretty good case and bracelet, the steel 6605 and gold top 6605 both are in very good condition.  I sent the tutone bracelet to Michael Young about 10 years back and he tightened it up a little.

I never wear any of them (afraid one might throw a rod) and I'll try to dig them out someday and post a picture or two. 

My Empire of Dirt.  

Edit  10-30-21

The two pics I had on here went south so I'll post some others later...they are buried in storage and not easy to dig out.