When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The 6536-1 red depth is finally finished!

Hollywood Quiet

• 2 weeks later...

I did not do the initial build.  The credit is due to the previous owner.  I am still what I would call a novice in this arena.  It has been discussed that it is most likely a MQ case and dial, gen service crystal, gen crown and tube. Hands are an aftermarket mix.  All I did was have the dial corrected to have the correct 6 o'clock indices a lighter color per original, and swapped in the correct Phong supplied insert for this 1955 on year only red depth dial, and have the proper length hands installed.   It has a Val24 eta clone movement which currently is keeping time within 2 seconds per day as reported by it's current owner.  This is now the 'starter' or should I say 'gateway' rep for a friend who has indicated he is going to next go for a super rep with gen movement and will let this one go soon after he finds the next once he finds out what his tastes are, it will be a vintage rolex though.  So if anyone is truly interested and has the cash on hand, this one will be available again in the near future supposedly.  We'll see for sure if he'll let it go when the time comes, it has gotten a lot of wrist time and compliments :0)

• Like 1