When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

ProPlof aftermarket case?

RickFlorida

Hi everyone,

Is there aftermarket case for ProPlof at all?   One that fits affordable movements or any case at all for that matter?  I did see that SteelDive homage watch company makes a whole Proplof hommage watch but it's like 400 dollars and was wondering if there are ways to buy just the case since I'd rather try to make my own sterile dial. I don't like the dial that comes with STeelDive ProPlof homage.   It has their name on it in large letters and I would rather try to make my own dial and get the case cheaper if possible.  I also learned that San Martin makes a homage watch but it's lists a movement I never heard of. 

thanks

rick

IMG_3399-new.jpg

Edited by RickFlorida

Ocean7 LM7 (an ever tougher find since peeps who got them seem to be holding on to them) would be your best bet if you wanted the older case profile of the ploprof, otherwise reps being sold here and the san martin homages may com from the same factories anyway.(sold mine like 2 years back fook me dead LOL)5be5e0523ec0a8ffef50bec0178f7e66.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, jcagara08 said:

Ocean7 LM7 (an ever tougher find since peeps who got them seem to be holding on to them) would be your best bet if you wanted the older case profile of the ploprof, otherwise reps being sold here and the san martin homages may com from the same factories anyway.(sold mine like 2 years back fook me dead LOL)5be5e0523ec0a8ffef50bec0178f7e66.jpg

Yeah I'm actually thinking about buying one of those now.  Do you know if they actually sell them still? Their website says the watches are "available".   Are they made to order?    That would not be so bad if they are made to order and just take a while.  Better than if they are not making watches at all anymore?   One of their emails did bounce back to me from last night "address not found".  But their watches still say "available".  Hmmmmmm

Yeah I'm actually thinking about buying one of those now.  Do you know if they actually sell them still? Their website says the watches are "available".   Are they made to order?    That would not be so bad if they are made to order and just take a while.  Better than if they are not making watches at all anymore?   One of their emails did bounce back to me from last night "address not found".  But their watches still say "available".  Hmmmmmm
I doubt if they are still being sold, every once in a while though on the second hand markets this pops out but seldom.

8 minutes ago, jcagara08 said:

I doubt if they are still being sold, every once in a while though on the second hand markets this pops out but seldom.

So they are paying for that website but not making a single watch?  That's really annoying.   You can add the watches to your cart and pay with Pay Pal I believe.  Perhaps they are now made to order?

I will investigate further.  If I can sell one of my genuine Rolex movements, I will try buying one of these Ocean7 ProPlof watches and let you guys know if it works.   (I'll use a credit card to order the Lm7 so worst that can happen is I don't get charged).

Update.  Ocean7 is simply under new ownership now from what my investigation concludes.  Perhaps Ocean7 watches was not operating before the new Ownership?  They have a very active Facebook page and their website seems to take orders.  

Edited by RickFlorida

1 hour ago, marsupilami said:

put a genuine ploprof dial in the helson and you have an almost perfect rep.

I wish there was a helson 10 years ago:

Wow, can't believe you made that case! Lovely.  Anyways, the Helson versions are pretty good like you guys are saying However, the funny thing is that Ocean7 claims 4,000 feet of water resistance where the Helson only claims 2,000.  Not a big deal.  But another weird thing is that while the Helson looks more original, especially the back of the case, they put a weird small screw in the middle of the back of the case. Why did they do this?   Also, Helson 600 sharkmasters with black dials are very rare. Most of them are blue dials and I can't stand the blue, only want black. Howe