When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Glidelock Quality

one80

• 2 weeks later...

I have both a gen 93160 and 93160A clasp of you need.

Otherwise I’d say ZZF and ARF and VSF are basically the same clasp. It’s going to scream replica either way and you might be forced to adapt some links to get a uniform transition from 93160-links to the 116610/Glidelock clasp links.

On 1/11/2022 at 10:22 PM, one80 said:

I'm looking to swap the clasp on a 1992 Seadweller to a glidelock.

I can't find a genuine clasp for a reasonable price, so am considering a rep in the interim, or Ginault.

What is the best version - ARF or ZZF?

What are peoples thoughts on this?

You have your answer about which is the best version, ARF or ZZF.  Your bigger problem will be finding a genuine *anything* for a Rolex, at a reasonable price.

"Rolex" and "reasonable price" don't go together in the same sentence.  What is overpriced today will seem like a bargain in a year.

10 hours ago, one80 said:

I mean all genuine Rolex - i.e. not a mix of gen and rep...

There are a few examples over on rolexforums where it's been done.

i understand what you meant, but it won’t be a straight on fit, both thickess (not width) of link is different, haft the bracelet will be hollow and also screw placement is a bit different. Even of they theoretically fit it won’t be that amazing. I know because I’ve built my own but with 580/93150 and with 93250. To make it optimal I would use a rep bracelet, e.g. 97200 close to the clasp and links in the visciniyy and the rest gen 93160. But it’s your cash going down the drain for a finished marriage that might look ok at first glance, but is a bit off when further examnining it. This can be made a tint bit better with polishing/grinding a bit on the 97200… Also even from Rolex AD the bracelet is about 1900€+ and you’ll often need a Ceramic Sub (depending on your relationship) to get one. I would never use a gen one for such a project, but like I said.. it’s your cash.

• Like 1