When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex 7836 bracelet gen?

mystere

"Hi, can you help me to identify if this bracelet is genuine??"

I have been fooled too many times to say 'genuine or replica' but you might go to this address and compare your bracelet with supposedly genuine examples.  You can go to the seller's site on any bracelet pictured to see if the seller is more than likely legit or not.

Folded Oyster Bracelets...
Regular Clasp = Bracelet Code: 7835/7836
Bracelet End Link Width: 19mm/20mm
Introduction Year: 1967

Folded with Diver Clasp = Bracelet Code: 9315
Bracelet End Link Width: 20mm
Introduction Year: 1969

Folded with Diver Clasp (Sea-Dweller) = Bracelet Code: 9316
Bracelet End Link Width: 20mm (Sea-Dweller)
Introduction Year: 1969

I will say it looks like the bracelet has been screwed with quite a bit and if it is in your possession, scrub it vigorously with a brush in hot soapy water.  

Hmm, hard to say, but I don't like the clasp that looks like it is plated and the plating is coming off-- or that is some gnarly dead skin/dirt. 🤭  I always assumed the WHOLE bracelet was stainless steel which would delaminate like that.  INOX ins Steelinox means Stainless, or so I thought.

Also, that 'damage' on the inside of the bracelet seems odd, almost like it was artificially aged.

I have had a gen and rep of this side by side, and the Rep also has a slightly wider clasp.  Can't tell from the photos.  The Gen clasp is actually thinner gauge and a hair longer.

Hi, thanks for reply.

ok, yes ist Very dirty, i compaired it and to me ist look gen. I bought this maiby 15-17 years ago for my dw 7032 on genuine forum.

i dont use it anymore, so before i put this on ebay, want to be sure its realy gen. 

It is definitly Not plaitet. Its dirt and maiby the light?

try to make better pics tomorrow

thanks