When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Seiko Perpetual Calendar

alterego

I like Seiko watches. I have about half a dozen vintage and a few current divers. Among the most recentpurchases there is this Seiko Premier Perpetualcalendar. I bought the watch for 30 dollars in a flea market, because it was kind of different and running perfectly. About trwo weeks ago I tried to sert the correct date and there my head ache began, as the "date " wheel is stuck in the "year mode", as every time I follow the steps to change date, the watch stops in this functionI. After consulting some on line forums and watching some videos , despite my efforts the date wheel stubbornly stops at 22, that happens to be the year showing function. Several sources discussing Seiko watches suggested the date change procedure is  "simple", which is not as intended.

Well I don't want to bore those who are readiung my  posting, with my frustration. So, May I just ad that I'd greatly appreciate if someone can give me on what to do or where to look for an explanation to solve the problem. The movement is SEIKO 6a32.