When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Replacement Movements For Daytona - Where I Can Find It?

t

Hi

i have 2 BRAND NEW daytonas. One with old asia 7750 and other with new asia 7750. Both with small second hand on 6 o´clock.

But both watches are defectiv and none-working. So i need replacement movements. I am surching since 4 month for this type of movement and has ask many dealers, but no result. It´s a shame for this beautiful watches. They are never worn and looks perfect, but none-working.

I don´t understand why anyone can´t get this type of movements? I think 20-30% of all daytonas has a none working or demaged movement. What will you do with your watch?

I think i am not the only one with this problem? I have bought 6-7 daytonas in my life, and only one of this working now.

there is no chance? :wounded1:

tourbillon... This is a common problem with the modified 7750 seconds at 6:00 Daytonas :( The modification involves 11 extra gears added to the movement; this introduces a lot of stress and strain (probably more than the 7750 was designed for).

As for finding a replacement... Not sure that there are any available. One option may be to take the added bridges and gears from the old movement to transplant onto a new 7750. There's no telling how long that would last, but it would get you working for the time being.