When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Omega x Swatch – to the Moon!

jackflash

0e5f556a379715f2369025719805641a.jpg

https://www.swatch.com/de-de/homepage

I had to check the date to make sure it wasn’t April 1st. The collaboration between Omega and Swatch is an interesting one. 11 colour variations, quartz ETA movement, same proportions as the Speedmaster Pro – 42mm. Launched on the 26th March 2022. Not a limited edition, currently only available in selected Swatch stores for 250€. Already hyped on the net and plenty of profiteering going on eBay for the fomo crowd.

I like the idea. Im in London today and plan on trying to have a look. I tried calling three Swatch stores but none answered. A quick email to one of the stores gained this response. 

Many thanks for getting in touch,

If you are contacting us regarding our Bio-Ceramic MoonSwatch Collection then I’m afraid we cannot answer your emails due to high volume.

However we launch on Saturday 26th of March 2022.

The store will be opening earlier than usual that day at 9am and we do recommend customers interested in purchasing to make their way to the store early as we are expecting large queues.

Please be aware that purchases of our special product are strictly limited to 2x per customer and that we cannot reserve stock under any situation, these are purely first come first serve, in person.

Many thanks for your understanding and we hope to see you on Saturday 26th!

Warmest regards,

The Flagship Team”

I like the idea. Im in London today and plan on trying to have a look. I tried calling three Swatch stores but none answered. A quick email to one of the stores gained this response. 

“Many thanks for getting in touch,

If you are contacting us regarding our Bio-Ceramic MoonSwatch Collection then I’m afraid we cannot answer your emails due to high volume.

However we launch on Saturday 26th of March 2022.

The store will be opening earlier than usual that day at 9am and we do recommend customers interested in purchasing to make their way to the store early as we are expecting large queues.

Please be aware that purchases of our special product are strictly limited to 2x per customer and that we cannot reserve stock under any situation, these are purely first come first serve, in person.

Many thanks for your understanding and we hope to see you on Saturday 26th!

Warmest regards,

The Flagship Team”

PM sent

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Earlier scene at The Swatch inside Dubai Mall, damn we were all bamboozled, at 10AM security started kicking out everyone in front of the store.. allegedly only 80 pieces were sold as early 5AM. Oh well trying my luck for the online release.fc30c55e0569957176f5220373078b16.jpg279167e18344929e627212101437b1c8.jpgd85a8abe9f33962ef561bedd200d5de8.jpge4536a1b172e7089c127419eb555920e.jpg

Same story in London. The three stores selling them have all closed (on advise from the police). Lots of pushing and shoving and around 200 people trying to get into the Oxford Street store. I may try again early tomorrow morning. Hopefully the store will have more security. 

I look back at the $2500+ Beanie Babies and $5000 Swatch watch fiascos...and have a laugh.

I have seen this before but I would still pay full retail plus tax for a pair of gray/black Swatch-O-Mega Moonies.  Most of us probably would.

But not $7500.

Both still up 3-26-22...

ULTRA RARE Collectors Princess Diana TY Beanie Baby Bear 1997 Retired.  Condition NEW...$2499.99, Free shipping.  eBay  294738764879  

Ty Beanie Baby ~ PRINCESS the Diana Purple Bear from 1997 ~RARE & RETIRED! MINT!  Condition NEW...Buy It Now $35 plus $5.20 shipping.  eBay  134066286172
In the beginning, 1985/86 Swatch Keith Harings were $5K+.
  217: KEITH HARING, Swatch Watches, collection of four ...
Now $300 to $500 if you search them out.

• Like 1

I can see these going the same way as the PS5, constantly out of stock due to all the flippers buying them for eBay, or they’ll be like Rolex, you’ll have to buy some cheaper Swatch crap to build a relationship with the dealer before you can buy the moonswatch 😂

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, jcagara08 said:

PM sent

Earlier scene at The Swatch inside Dubai Mall, damn we were all bamboozled, at 10AM security started kicking out everyone in front of the store.. allegedly only 80 pieces were sold as early 5AM. Oh well trying my luck for the online release.fc30c55e0569957176f5220373078b16.jpg279167e18344929e627212101437b1c8.jpgd85a8abe9f33962ef561bedd200d5de8.jpge4536a1b172e7089c127419eb555920e.jpg

looks like dawn of the dead… :)

Edited by madasboot

I think this a brilliant collaboration and Swatch should be commended for the price point . 

I went to see them on Friday in the Sydney store ,

2058329304_ScreenShot2022-03-27at7_55_33pm.thumb.png.56106e45991bbbf29c89d697ec0d2cbe.png

Saturday was a right off and the police were called 

https://www.news.com.au/finance/business/retail/hundreds-of-people-descend-on-westfield-for-omega-x-swatch-moonswatch-release/news-story/66607d997272d300b93cfbd5e5c1f856

• Like 1

Yeah, crazy scenes indeed. I visited again yesterday and found a more organised queue, but still massive. I waited a few minutes to see if it moved but it didn’t so I guess I’ll be waiting a little longer for a new moonswatch 🤑

• Like 1

Yeah, crazy scenes indeed. I visited again yesterday and found a more organised queue, but still massive. I waited a few minutes to see if it moved but it didn’t so I guess I’ll be waiting a little longer for a new moonswatch 
Oh so you went to check again in London mate? Heard anyone scoring even a single piece? I have been mashing F5 on my browser since the 26th LOL

On Saturday there were hundreds of people all trying to get inside the three London stores. The police advised Swatch to close the stores, which they duly did. On Sunday it was more civilised but still massive queues, so I gave up and headed home. 
These are not a limited edition range of watches so I’ll wait a while longer …….

Anyone else sick of the Hype machine? It’s a combo of Instagram/ Social Media and Influencers. Viral Marketing for the FOMO crowd. 

Influencers and Instagram have ruined the watch industry for genuine WIS’s who just want buy watches and enjoy them. 

If we could take influencers and Silicon Valley/Wall Street/Crypto Bro’s and send them on a one way ride to the Moon or Mars, I would buy that commemorative MoonSwatch. 😝 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ronin said:

If we could take influencers and Silicon Valley/Wall Street/Crypto Bro’s and send them on a one way ride to the Moon or Mars, I would buy that commemorative MoonSwatch. 😝 

Indeed, but would you send them with or without a Moonswatch? 

• Haha 1

I own one of these (my third choice as the Uranus and Mercury ones weren’t available)

The watch is built with a toy-watch quality in terms of quality and feel. They look a lot better in pictures as opposed to how they feel on the wrist in real life. Huge hype and nice novelty value for all of 5min.

Will advise a hard pass for y’all wanting one.

• Like 3

I own one of these (my third choice as the Uranus and Mercury ones weren’t available)

The watch is built with a toy-watch quality in terms of quality and feel. They look a lot better in pictures as opposed to how they feel on the wrist in real life. Huge hype and nice novelty value for all of 5min.

Will advise a hard pass for y’all wanting one.
Thanks legend, can you show some wrist shots? Did you mount it on a nato strap, perhaps that might change the feels?

Thanks legend, can you show some wrist shots? Did you mount it on a nato strap, perhaps that might change the feels?

Sure here you do. It’s on the stock straps. The issue is that the case is very plasticky and not like ceramic at all. It is literally weightless on the wrist.
33003dc853c737dbca07073a8ef10716.jpg

57b811df3800d229a1af378558a54cec.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18 minutes ago, kidcreole said:

Over on repgeek one of the connected posters believes the rep of these swatch watches will be available later this month for approx $100. The world has gone mad.

expensive considering the rep to gen price ratio lol.

And the gen already feels like a rep, worse than many reps in fact...

There were discussions that the rep might even have an auto movement . It could be a unique situation where the rep will be better quality than the gen! It's really interesting from a marketing perspective. I guess Omega agreed to this whole thing to raise its brand awareness (I don't agree I think it diminishes the brand especially if there is a general release). In the end as the rep gets released cheaper and better quality than the gen is it Swatch's brand that gets diminished? It will certainly make people rep averse reconsider their position. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, kidcreole said:

There were discussions that the rep might even have an auto movement . It could be a unique situation where the rep will be better quality than the gen! It's really interesting from a marketing perspective. I guess Omega agreed to this whole thing to raise its brand awareness (I don't agree I think it diminishes the brand especially if there is a general release). In the end as the rep gets released cheaper and better quality than the gen is it Swatch's brand that gets diminished? It will certainly make people rep averse reconsider their position. 

Reps can be nice watches to wear, but they will always lack provenance and brand heritage. The value of a gen is found in its trade value in the watch market. Reps also have their value in select communities like this one. 

All these lines are greyed however when the gen is like $300, cheaper than a lot of quality reps, and for this omega x swatch release, I will not be surprised if the rep makers release a "better" watch having an automatic movement, and equally toy-like finishing all round. But better or worse, this will remain a fantasy rep, as everything the gen (cheap quality and quartz movement and all) is about is what omega (and Swatch) planned it to be.  I don't think the Swatch brand will be diluted if the rep moonswatch is an automatic. Reps have their inherent worth in specific communities, but none in the gen watch brand world. You are right in saying, however, that a rep maker producing the same watch with an automatic movement at a lower cost, will give consumers something to think about. If Omega/Swatch is to do the same, I am sure that the watch will cost a lot more than its current asking price, and the mass appeal will be reduced a little.