When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Omega RAF 2777-1 Military 6B/542 'Thin Arrow'

madasboot

Given the lack of alternatives, this one comes out of accessible parts (ebay and aliexpress) that i worked on, reshaped and repolished (case) and dial produced from scratch and with the technology available.
It is handmade, with lacquer (and mustard) finish, properly assembled and lumed with resinous solution.

All by myself and taking advantage of working from home.

FDDCB64D-A201-4DC6-9C20-1A91FD0475C8.jpeg

9 minutes ago, madasboot said:

Given the lack of alternatives, this one comes out of accessible parts (ebay and aliexpress) that i worked on, reshaped and repolished (case) and dial produced from scratch and with the technology available.
It is handmade, with lacquer (and mustard) finish, properly assembled and lumed with resinous solution.

All by myself and taking advantage of working from home.

FDDCB64D-A201-4DC6-9C20-1A91FD0475C8.jpeg

F6857FC7-59B4-40D6-B728-FEB4B2BD2267.jpeg

Edited by madasboot
  • Like 4

Super Fine military watch project!   :thumbs:

I have a couple mil watches in my project drawer, one being an issued Hamilton that came with a Durowe (German) 7 jewel movement in a 33/34mm case.  Finally found a 17 jewel Durowe movement to go in it but never finished it.   

Quite a few USA issued mil watches had 7 jewel movements in the late 1970s/early 1980s before they went to quartz.

Here is a 7 jewel Hamilton exactly like mine with the red plastic balance 'jewel'...

1978 Hamilton H3 Military MIL-W-46374B - Dial & Bezel (dialandbezel.com)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, automatico said:

Super Fine military watch project!   :thumbs:

I have a couple mil watches in my project drawer, one being an issued Hamilton that came with a Durowe (German) 7 jewel movement in a 33/34mm case.  Finally found a 17 jewel Durowe movement to go in it but never finished it.   

Quite a few USA issued mil watches had 7 jewel movements in the late 1970s/early 1980s before they went to quartz.

Here is a 7 jewel Hamilton exactly like mine with the red plastic balance 'jewel'...

1978 Hamilton H3 Military MIL-W-46374B - Dial & Bezel (dialandbezel.com)

Hi R.!

it has been a long time.

hope all is well with you.

thank you for the compliment :)

As for mil watches I still have a couple of cases, one hamilton and other an international watch co, both bought in Vietnam (you helped me identifying the movements if I remember correctly).

these are beautiful and comfortable wrist watches, well balanced design.

when i started in 2006 my focus was on vintage panerai; I keep the ones I made since they were ongoing projects reacting to improvement after improvement to reach the possible perfection. I keep them, of course, but can no longer use them.

the long process on each one of the pieces is as interesting as the results.