When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The Tax Man Cometh. Again and Again.

automatico

Bad news.  The IRS is demanding another pound of flesh. 

TimeZone : Public Forum » IRS Form 1099-K

This will not be good for people who sell knickknacks on eBay and many other online outlets.  

Example:  If you sell a watch online for $2000, get paid by pay pal etc, now you get a 1099 for the sale and you will owe tax on the profit realized on sales totaling over $600 per year.  If you lost $$ on the deal, you will have to prove you lost $$ by providing proof of the purchase price, receipts for any work/parts on the watch etc.  If you get audited and end up butting heads with a Colonoscope weilding IRS Dildo who would not know a Vacheron from a Velamint...they may demand tax on the total sale price if you can not provide proof of a loss.  Who knows what they might do?

Gummit Idiots are forcing more and more citizens into an ever-growing Underground Economy.

I rest my case.  Related image | Jester costume, Jester outfit, Medieval jester

Combine this with the coming replacement of physical currency with DUSDs (digital US dollars) & 1984's Big Brother is no longer just your big brother, he is your parent, controlling what you can/cannot buy, do & say. At some point, I fear the people may be forced to remind mommy who the boss is & she will not be willing to give up power peacefully.

Yeah you pretty much have to use friends and family transactions these days if it’s going to be over 600 bucks. Good luck proving you lost money on a Paul Newman Daytona replica you built. 😂

• 3 weeks later...

I'm waiting for PP to suspend my account as I have never provided them with my SSN.  They harassed me about it for a couple of years and apparently gave up!