When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

To whom it may concern

Nanuq

Hello all. My name is David, I’m Nanuqs son.

He told me a lot about his friends on the watch forum, so I thought it would be appropriate to post this here

Unfortunately Bob passed away on Monday due to complications from heart failure.

He loved this group, or all of the forums he was a part of, and I’m going to post this on all the watch forums he has on his Tapatalk app

My Dad was an incredible man, and watches and watch collecting was probably his favorite hobby.

I’m currently wearing one that he made for me, probably with help from people here :)

Bob did not suffer in the end, and his passing was peaceful and surrounded by loved ones.

I just wanted to let his possible friends know that they were appreciated, and I didn’t want people to wonder why he went radio silent

Thank you guys for being his friends. It’s brings me and my family a lot of comfort

:)

• Like 2
  • Sad 8

Very sorry for your loss. Your Dad was a great member, and was a pleasure to deal with. The Rolex 5514 in his collection came from me and I can't imagine parting with it to a finer guy. RIP Nanuq, you will be missed ... :(

5514.jpg

Edited by tomhorn
  • Sad 1

David, I’m so sorry for you loss. Your dad was a great guy and the backbone of our little piece of the internet here. He will be greatly missed by us all. 

• Sad 2

David, thank you for taking the time to let us know. Bob was immensely proud of you, we talked at length about our respective families, and it a reflection of the kind of family you are that you think of others at this time of grief and loss.

The Internet has made the world a curious place. I consider so many here to be friends and Bob was top of the list. We never met, though we did have plans prior to covid. However over many years he always had my back, always was there helping and encouraging and took a genuine interest in me that went far beyond our watch hobby.

My deepest condolences to you and your family. I shall sorely miss him

Rest in peace Minty

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

David my deepest condolences to you and your family we have lost one of the best.

I was fortunate enough to have spent time with Bob as his work brought him to New Jersey and we would do dinner. This afforded us the opportunity to deepen our friendship as we worked closely together here for many years. There has been a lot of dramas and joys in Bob's life and mine over the last few years but when chips were really down we took counsel together, I will miss him greatly.

RIP my dear friend the world is lesser place without you.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I'm so so sorry to hear about the passing of your dad, David, I chatted with Bob many times, and he was a supporter of my work.

Rip Bob, why are the good guys taken away from us.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

David, I am shocked and saddened by this devastating news. Although distance limited our 2 decade long friendship to the virtual world, Bob was an inspiration in the truest sense of the word. His passion for watches was the fire that made RWG burn so brightly & 1 of the things that kept so many of us coming back for so many years. To say that Bob will be missed is an understatement. And that statement itself is an understatement.

I have no idea what, if any, Bob's final wishes were, but I think it goes without saying that his 1st choice would have been to remain with his family & friends. However, a distant second option might have been to be buried behind the wheel of his beloved Land Rover with his Double-Red strapped to his wrist.

It is with great sorrow that I say -- Requiescat In Pace, Bob.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

Davd I am so very very sad for you and your family.

You know your Dad came over to stay with us in the UK and we raced at the TT in the IOM with Stuart. That was six years ago and Bob became a dear friend of ours.

He is in our thoughts and minds as are you and your family.

We have phoots of the adventure and I will try to find them to share.

Deepest condolences and love to you all. What an amazing guy, 'Hell Yeah'

AJ

IMG_8333.JPG

Bob rarly came overeas. He was totally in love with his family and life. We were lucky to spend a couple of weeks with Bob on the occasssion he came to stay with us and be one of our leading team members at the IOM TT. 

RIP Big Man, youa re sorely missed.

AJ

IMG_8751.JPG

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Hello all. My name is David, I’m Nanuqs son.

He told me a lot about his friends on the watch forum, so I thought it would be appropriate to post this here

Unfortunately Bob passed away on Monday due to complications from heart failure.

He loved this group, or all of the forums he was a part of, and I’m going to post this on all the watch forums he has on his Tapatalk app

My Dad was an incredible man, and watches and watch collecting was probably his favorite hobby.

I’m currently wearing one that he made for me, probably with help from people here default_smile.png

Bob did not suffer in the end, and his passing was peaceful and surrounded by loved ones.

I just wanted to let his possible friends know that they were appreciated, and I didn’t want people to wonder why he went radio silent

Thank you guys for being his friends. It’s brings me and my family a lot of comfort

default_smile.png

Thank you all for your words. I’ve read them all, and it makes my family so happy to know that he had so many great friends

We are just so sad, but we know he’s in a better place, and that’s not some pathetic platitude.

He’s there, and some day I’ll see him again!
Davd I am so very very sad for you and your family.

You know your Dad came over to stay with us in the UK and we raced at the TT in the IOM with Stuart. That was six years ago and Bob became a dear friend of ours.

He is in our thoughts and minds as are you and your family.

We have phoots of the adventure and I will try to find them to share.

Deepest condolences and love to you all. What an amazing guy, 'Hell Yeah'

AJ
IMG_8333.thumb.JPG.189e0a5474eb72d5a8e636d35ca7b695.JPG
Bob rarly came overeas. He was totally in love with his family and life. We were lucky to spend a couple of weeks with Bob on the occasssion he came to stay with us and be one of our leading team members at the IOM TT. 

RIP Big Man, youa re sorely missed.

AJ
IMG_8751.thumb.JPG.9ebeec1b617cb618d0a9b68860f6eab5.JPG

Sir are you Andy?
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

I have only just read your news and am shell-shocked to say the least!!!. 

My thoughts with my deepest sympathy are with you and your family in these difficult times of bereavement,!!.  There are no words I can express to dampen your grief, but can only wish you and loved ones the strength and  courage to get through this painful period that nobody is immune from. 

Whenever I saw a post from Nanuq,  I always remember the images he posted of "the midnight sun in Alaska", his land rover and his precious red Seadwelller!!.  

I would like to also thank you for finding the strength to inform us, as there is never any proper closure to the sudden silence of any correspondences from this virtual world we are all part of in one way or another!! 

RIP to our Dear Friend and Fellow member!!!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1