When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

To whom it may concern

Nanuq

My thoughts are with you and your family  during this difficult time!  This reminds me of when this forum played a very special part in my life when I lost my last surviving parent!    I never knew that Bob was Nanuq’s real name and his demise  will leave a huge emptiness to us all!    I am still I’m disbelief as I always remember Bob to  be still quite young to be taken from us  too soon!  It brings back the same pain of when  JJ Iranii from the rolexforums passed on a few years back!    As someone has already mentioned, thank you for informing us, as we never really know in this virtual world of the web when people we know just pass on!  May he Rest In Peace!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

So sorry to hear Bob's passed David, we will all miss him dearly, he was the backbone of this community and he will be sorely missed I'm sure.... I like most of us here had lots of help from him over the years regarding our latest builds etc he always gave advice without ever wanting anything in return.  Please accept our sincere condolences David x  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

To everyone who wrote condolences, thank you so much!

Your words have made a tough time for our family easier to bare.

My mom has shed a few tears knowing that people on the forums cared so deeply for Bob

And it does not surprise me at all to hear so many people speak highly of him

My dad was a phenomenal man, and I’m glad you all were there in his life

• Sad 1

I have just been made aware of this by a friend on Facebook and I can only say I am shattered. As an original RWG admin team member I spent a great deal of time chatting with Bob, much of what can't be seen by the members. He was always there for me whenever I needed advice or just a buddy to vent to. Bob was truly a larger than life character, a wonderful gentleman and a legend and I will miss him sorely. Condolences to all his family.

R.I.P. buddy

Ken

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

David, I'm devastated to hear this, and so sorry for you and your family.  I only just logged in to catch up on his latest adventures.

I thought so highly of him, everyone did, and I don't think it's even possible not to.  What an absolute tragedy. 

As Ken mentioned above, I was on the same team too.  And we're talking 17 years of correspondence (and longer for many folks on here), I don't know where the time went, but we all looked quite stylish checking it.

Miss you Bob.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I am so so sorry. Wow, what a loss. I haven't been active on this forum in many years, but whenever I did stop by to check out what was going on, Nanuq was the one constant presence that seemed to be keeping this place going. This is terrible news. David, I hope that you and your family are taking care of each other at this time. My thoughts and prayers are with you all. 

• Sad 1

Truly heartbreaking!

Bob has been an important foundation to this forum, and will be missed dearly. Very, very sorry for your loss and ours as we'll no longer have his presence; it was a true honor to be his friend.

Deepest condolences and with much love. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

To everyone who replied, I am humbled by the love that you have shown my father and my family.

Sadly I will be away from this phone for the foreseeable future, so this may be the last Nanuq post you’ll see

It guts me to even say those words
Moving in in life seems inappropriate.

How do you return to work after losing a man like him. A couple times a day it will just hit me that he’s gone, and I feel a deep ache in my heart all the time

But he wouldn’t have it any other way than for me to move on and enjoy life. So that’s what I’m going to do

In the future I plan on making an account here just to get to know my dads friends better

Please know I read and cherish every single response, and there so many beautiful things here

My dad was larger than life, and had a giants soul. I know I’ll see him in about 30-50 years assuming that my life plays out in the averages :)

But I’m sure going to miss him

My dad loved you guys dearly, thank you for loving him back

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

David, you’ll always be welcome here. Take care of yourself and your family and pop back when you have time and get to know the place and there will be lots of wonderful memories that members will gladly share. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

Hello all. My name is David, I’m Nanuqs son.

He told me a lot about his friends on the watch forum, so I thought it would be appropriate to post this here

Unfortunately Bob passed away on Monday due to complications from heart failure.

He loved this group, or all of the forums he was a part of, and I’m going to post this on all the watch forums he has on his Tapatalk app

My Dad was an incredible man, and watches and watch collecting was probably his favorite hobby.

I’m currently wearing one that he made for me, probably with help from people here default_smile.png

Bob did not suffer in the end, and his passing was peaceful and surrounded by loved ones.

I just wanted to let his possible friends know that they were appreciated, and I didn’t want people to wonder why he went radio silent

Thank you guys for being his friends. It’s brings me and my family a lot of comfort

default_smile.png

I haven’t been in the forum in a while. Reading this made me tear up. Your dad was an asset in many ways to everyone he knew. Always an incredible source of all good human qualities and a great mentor for most of us. Lovely sense of humor as well.

My deepest condolences to you and your family. I am glad his passing was a peaceful one, though he will be missed.

E

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Sad 1

This is sad. I remember when I was a noob and RWG was my first and favorite forum. Nanuq always took the time to reply to my posts and for sure some of my questions were silly. I read thousands of his posts and from them I can tell what a kind, caring person he was. You were lucky to call him Dad. He will be missed.

• Sad 1

David, I am so sorry for your dad’s passing.He was a great fellow and a real asset to the rep community. He and I shared a love of watches as well as vintage Land Rovers.
You and your family are in my prayers.

• Sad 1

Im so sorry for Bobs family first and foremost, and the forums enormous loss as well. Bob always talked about his family, and he had my deepest respect. Bob was an exceptional person, always kind and inclusive. He made me feel at home here.

I enjoyed going back and forth with him about where was more dangerous to live, Alaska VS Florida. There was always something really funny to be said there, guaranteed to crack us up. I'm sure he is already harassing the bears in heaven, or vice versa.

Seeing another one of the old school guard gone is truly heartbreaking and frankly, startling. Time waits for no man. I'm glad Bob kept track of his with a double red, he always raised the bar.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 5/6/2022 at 12:57 PM, Nanuq said:

Hello all. My name is David, I’m Nanuqs son.

He told me a lot about his friends on the watch forum, so I thought it would be appropriate to post this here

Unfortunately Bob passed away on Monday due to complications from heart failure.

He loved this group, or all of the forums he was a part of, and I’m going to post this on all the watch forums he has on his Tapatalk app

My Dad was an incredible man, and watches and watch collecting was probably his favorite hobby.

I’m currently wearing one that he made for me, probably with help from people here :)

Bob did not suffer in the end, and his passing was peaceful and surrounded by loved ones.

I just wanted to let his possible friends know that they were appreciated, and I didn’t want people to wonder why he went radio silent

Thank you guys for being his friends. It’s brings me and my family a lot of comfort

:)

I am so so sorry to hear this. 

I too have significant heart failure. He was a real gem of a man and inspiring. Sincere heartfelt condolences to you and your family. 

• Sad 1