When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

To whom it may concern

Nanuq

David,

I'm deeply saddened to hear about your father's passing.  He was the epitome of what makes this forum a community.  He was always funny, helpful, welcoming, kind and a gentleman.

I hope you keep fond memories of him close to you and my sincere condolences to you and your family.

RIP Bob.  You will be missed!

My condolences to you David and the rest of Bob's family.  He was a pleasure to have here and I was lucky to do a few deals with him over my long history here.

Just got notice from Paul about what happened. I feel for you and your family David.

I'm very sad for never being able to meet him in person. But he always made me feel like we really know each other for real. He's one of that persons that can give emotions without a voice or physical presence.

You're still living in my heart Bob. I always thought a lot of you, especially in Winter or when I saw something about Bears, and that remains.

We're going to meet one day my friend.

Cheers

Thorsten

@David and Bob's family...

I'm shocked reading this just now though I have become less active here.

Bob was a great man and friend to many here on RWG!

I'm sad he passed away now 😢 fortunately as you said surrounded by his loved ones.

My sincere condolences go out to you and your family David,

may your Dad rest now in a better place.

May God always protect and guide your family!

George

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, very sad news indeed!  Your dad was a great man and back in the day when I was more active on the sites, we would message a lot.  He will be missed and I'm sure he's up there watching over your family and you will see him again some day.  RIP Bob!

I’m so sorry for your loss. It is funny how close people become on forums like these. Your dad and I never met, but we have conversed for the better part of 20 years. I kind of drifted away for a number of years, but recently have renewed my passion, and your father was the first name I recognized on my return. His stories were riveting and his watches were spectacular. I feel like I’ve lost a dear friend.

RIP Nanuq

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

David,

I'd like to express my most sincere condolences to you and your family. Although I haven't been active on the forum in years, Bob was a great friend here when I was learning about watches years ago. I recall your dad had an eye for art, and it was reflected in the beautiful photos of his watches that were taken in some of the most scenic places on earth. Again, my prayers for you and family.

Bob was a great friend. I am so sad we have lost you. Your sense of humor was great (I saved a pic of your TRL "gag" image below from back in the old days. The noobs had no idea what TRL was back then). I will allways remember you as kind and helpful.

TRL.jpg

Edited by DrGran

• 4 weeks later...

By-Tor here (couldn't login with my By-Tor account because it's asking email address and can't remember which one I used to create it).

I'm really, really sorry to hear that. And surprised too. What I remember from pictures he was a healthy looking man.

RIP Nanuq.

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Im very sad.  Just learned about your dad's passing. The long list of condolences on this thread and the comments about Bob's role in this forum tells it all.  He was a great man, who was always there to support the efforts of those who asked about collecting watches or life in general.  It will be a hard task to realize that Bob will not be there to reply posts on the forum. 

Let me just express my deep condolences for your loss  David.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Rest in peace Bob. Calmness, wisdom and wits. David, remarkable men like your father are very rare. I wish I could write more, but this has affected me more than I thought.

Now I know why you never sent me that picture to show how you 6536 looked with the replacement insert I sent you. Hope you got to enjoy it though, even if just for a day. And that beautiful Panerai 6154 with desert/tan dial I built you 7 years ago.. that one I know you loved.

• Like 1

I have to apologize to David and to all of you forum friends. Only now reading Hologramet's reply post do I realize that the legendary Bob has passed away. An exemplary man and always ready to give advice for us watch enthusiasts. I always remember the wonderful photos of him with images of the watches and the unusual ones of his places ... the ones on the bears ... of which he was proud. I, who live on the island of Sardinia, communicate with him that living in those parts of Alaska gave me a sense of pride and freedom. Now I find myself here writing these words bathed in tears .... for you Bob that you're gone. You have always been like a beacon light in this forum.
God bless you, my friend. 🙏
Condolences David..and sorry for being late.

RIP dear Bob.nome2.JPG

• Like 1

On 12/11/2022 at 2:28 AM, Buddhabar said:

You have always been like a beacon light in this forum.

Wiser words were never spoken!
There has been a feeling of hollowness to all of my post-Bob posts here. 1 of my prime motivations has always been to gage Bob's reaction -- good, bad or instructive -- to my findings & discoveries. I never realized how much of a motivator he (along with Ziggy & a few of the other early members) was.

• Like 3