When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

To whom it may concern

Nanuq

• 2 weeks later...

David.. this might seem a bit strange, but I’m in the process of kicking the bucket myself. Selling off watches, collectibles,audiophile parts etc. I know that my parents have No clue what is what.

What I want to say is..(I don’t know the degree of nerdyness you got in this hobby). If the inheritancea are unclear What is genuine, what is ”aftermarket” and help with valuation I’ll gladly help. Who knows, those funds could help a local charity or something..

I’m just expressing my thoughts, that swirl around.

P.S. Don’t wait to long with help, at least from my part as I might have started the real journey by then.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, hologramet said:

David.. this might seem a bit strange, but I’m in the process of kicking the bucket myself. Selling off watches, collectibles,audiophile parts etc. I know that my parents have No clue what is what.

What I want to say is..(I don’t know the degree of nerdyness you got in this hobby). If the inheritancea are unclear What is genuine, what is ”aftermarket” and help with valuation I’ll gladly help. Who knows, those funds could help a local charity or something..

I’m just expressing my thoughts, that swirl around.

P.S. Don’t wait to long with help, at least from my part as I might have started the real journey by then.

What are you saying man?...I hope I misunderstood.
If you too are not well.. I'm really sorry. I hope your health can recover to the fullest dear friend. I agree with the help to David. Wise thing to do.
Good luck. If you have a need for any reason. There are.

I have uncureable pancreatic cancer, but this thread isnt about me. When I feel my time is coming, I’ll start a thread.

On 12/29/2022 at 10:43 PM, Buddhabar said:

What are you saying man?...I hope I misunderstood.
If you too are not well.. I'm really sorry. I hope your health can recover to the fullest dear friend. I agree with the help to David. Wise thing to do.
Good luck. If you have a need for any reason. There are.

• Sad 2

10 hours ago, hologramet said:

I have uncureable pancreatic cancer, but this thread isnt about me. When I feel my time is coming, I’ll start a thread.

I hug you friend ... I dare not imagine what you think. It is unfair that we should leave this world for incurable diseases. An example of this is my compatriot Vialli who, at the age of 58, just today flew to another world.

😢

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

Wow....... David,  i'm in tears right now.!

Damnnn , WHY😢

I left the forum a few years ago but i always remembered your dad as the gatekeeper from RWG. 

A TRUE generous gentleman. 

We builded "The Frosty Flake" together.  It was one of his favorite watches. 

He was from far far away, i was from Belgium. 

RIP my friend 

Screenshot_20230907-233304_Chrome.thumb.jpg.905d78cc715e207a7e4b2dead0d2a85e.jpgIMG_20230907_234030.thumb.jpg.0e69e97f98741b75263ae1e14a36b3a8.jpg

Edited by nick1972
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Wow where have I been… I wasn’t very active on the forums for a couple years and I am just seeing this now. He was a great man.  I sold him my old super patina distressed Comex 5514 build many many years ago. I didn’t even want to sell it but after I posted pics of it on the forum, he fell in love with it and wanted it. I couldn’t say no.  I am so sorry for your loss. RIP. 

Wow where have I been… I wasn’t very active on the forums for a couple years and I am just seeing this now. He was a great man.  I sold him my old super patina distressed Comex 5514 build many many years ago. I didn’t even want to sell it but after I posted pics of it on the forum, he fell in love with it and wanted it. I couldn’t say no.  I am so sorry for your loss. RIP. 

Feel he same way brother.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 months later...

Haven't been here in a while and come back reading this - it breaks my heart :( The way this community formed ˜20 years ago with such continuity among members, GTGs and so on, I don't think such a thing exists or forms on todays internet. Rest in Peace Bob. 

• Like 2