When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A humble collection...end of my journey

docdoowop

"With life giving me nothing but challenges ( not too much happy moments), i think i may have arrived  near the end."

This doesn't sound good. Do you have someone close by that you can talk with?  Can we help? Please PM me if you would like to talk.

• Like 1

You are the third person I have heard say this in the past week !  You have done well to reach out to us here, as I have found this place not just about replica watches or watches for that matter , but most importantly a large wonderful fraternity who are there to also listen and offer guidance when in times of difficulties!  

I found this place a great comfort when I experienced two deaths in my family and most members both past and present, gave me a lot from just a simple word and even an inspiration to a new door for surviving some of my most difficult times

As you know these times are very trying with everything that has happened and everyone I speak to feels Just like I do too!, In addition to life’s cruel blows that override any happinesses we all go through,  I have noticed that most people that are here also drown their sorrows which is why we find this hobby a distraction and a soother to move onto another day!  Your have a nice collection which you should enjoy and rotate and trade off any for something different if you have the need for something that gives you a different distraction. After all life is a distraction from reality!  You may also extend to seek assistance from local sources and when you think you have hit rock bottom ( most of us would correlate to this) there is always another day which is the faith that keeps us going!  Hang in there!, thinking of you!

• Like 1

It is always darkest right before the light. Hang in there my friend and like the others I'll be here should you want a chat. I'm a good listener. 

Which watch is your favorite and why? I prefer the ones I've built. Their provenance started with me and I recognize all their imperfections. They're never fully complete and as I get better at the craft I go back and tweak them. 

I have noticed this post rather late and what I would have said is pretty much what others have already done!  

if it is any consolation, you are not alone and if you ask most people you meet how they feel, the answer would a very much be similar to yours! There are those that put on a good show but deep inside them,  all have a story to tell but prefer to be in denial or maybe it is just a way to cope! You have done well to get it off your chest!  Bottling up is not always the answer! 

I too, find that almost everywhere I look, there is something not right! It is sometimes all the little things that just add up and before I can blink, I get into an emotional melt down!  It ranges from a leaky tap that I have attended to several times, the car playing up after having spent my half years savings to get right, the hot water boiler just giving cold water soon after the warranty has expired, someone I care for in hospital, etc,,,,I therefore look for something to cope, but then before I know it, I have noticed that there isn’t an angle that is right in the 360” circle.   Then there is the current world situations!  Where does it end?   I often ask is it me or is it just life?  It feels like every small move is a climb  to Everest!,

I then say to myself I would rather have things the way they are than for them to be worse!!!  Period!!  Coincidentally, today is the 8th anniversary of my fathers passing and in his last years of life I was unhappy, but looking back I was happier then than I am now missing him today! 

As Timelord has said, hang in there and all I will add is that no matter how dark it gets, midnight will turn to dawn and then the sun will rise!  Enjoy your lovely collection and just add or trade to your liking!  Life is there to be enjoyed! Follow the sun!  

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

again thanks to all for your kind and wise words.

For sure the last 6 years have been hell.

After 4 different anti-depressants and anti-psychotics, I am now trying new stuff and it seems to work a bit...

its PTSD. depression and just last year cancer....

And then is COPD, diabetes, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, and thyroid...

pills all day.

I find myself talking out loud to my wife about what would happen to things i collected over the years like comics, watches and hotwheels... or where she would bury me....

anyways, enough of that.

This is a fun forum about watches ....

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/16/2022 at 12:35 PM, docdoowop said:

again thanks to all for your kind and wise words.

For sure the last 6 years have been hell.

After 4 different anti-depressants and anti-psychotics, I am now trying new stuff and it seems to work a bit...

its PTSD. depression and just last year cancer....

And then is COPD, diabetes, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, and thyroid...

pills all day.

I find myself talking out loud to my wife about what would happen to things i collected over the years like comics, watches and hotwheels... or where she would bury me....

anyways, enough of that.

This is a fun forum about watches ....

You make my life seem easy and carefree. I can offer you no help or advice but I feel bad for you suffering and wish for your life to improve.

• 1 month later...