When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Help Me Pick My First Panerai!

jacobsen1

OK, I really want to get a panerai. I have about 10 different versions book marked that I'd like to get, but for my first one I have it narrowed down to one of these 2:

Pam 172 Tantalium w/Swiss

189659-5172.jpg

-or-

Pam 009 PVD w/Swiss

189659-5173.jpg

Anything that I should consider with either of these 2? Any other model that I should get over either of these as my first Panerai that's more classic? Also, dumb question, but why does everyone abbreviate Panerai as PaM when there is no M in the name?

I'll probably be getting which ever watch I decide on from Joshua.

Thanks,

Ben

Tough choice. I have the 172 from Joshua and it is probably my favorite pam. It is really great, so I would tell you to get that one first and then later get the PVD. They both have a different look, but in all around love of the watch....the 172 hands down. Great first choice too BTW. :clap:

If it were me, I would go with the 172, but I prefer the steel look to PVD.

PAM = PAnerai Model.

Tough choice. I have the 172 from Joshua and it is probably my favorite pam. It is really great, so I would tell you to get that one first and then later get the PVD. They both have a different look, but in all around love of the watch....the 172 hands down. Great first choice too BTW. :clap:

Thanks guys. I'm sorta leaning that way myself... I like things "blacked out" but on a watch I think it might be a bit much... They both look so good. The more I go to Josh's website the more I find another to bookmark... :lol:

My current plan is to rotate companies that I get reps of. IE my first was the Rolex GMT II, then a PAM (thank you Tom), then an Omega, then a Bell & Ross then a Tag and then back through the lineup... The only issue is every time I go look at the options the list of watches I like get longer not shorter. :lol:

Ben

go with a base pam for your first order...111 - 112....they are nice...you'll fall in love...definitely...and it will be a never ending story...you'll get after that a 172 and the PVD as well...(if you wanna a 172 - there is a member on RWI selling it)...