When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Trusty Time not so "Trusty"

Prdcrdp

I ordered 2 VSF Subs from TT back in June 2022. The second order arrived in 3 weeks after confirmation of payment. It was a very high quality VSF SS Sub that was shipped quickly and worked perfectly.

The first order wasn't received until 6 weeks after payment and after numerous emails with Andrew and receiving a shipping confirmation that did not exist for nearly 5 weeks. Upon arrival, the first order which was supposed to be a VSF Sub, it had a movement that rattled like a baby's toy. There is no way this was a VSF quality Sub. After contacting Andrew a few times, sending pictures and videos of the rattling movement, he refused to return the item and would only "repair". If the item sent to me was a true VSF Sub that I paid a lot of money for, like the first item received, there would be no reason for a "repair". VSF quality is very very high which is why customers pay a lot of money for the VSF models.

Be strongly caution from ordering any VSF models from Trusty Time and Andrew. You might not receive the item you ordered and paid the high dollars for when it arrives, months later.

I am not new to this forum. I have been following it for months now prior to making my first and second purchase. I typically post in another forum. The number of times I post or have previously posted is completely irrelevant to the issue at hand.

I purchased 2 VSF Subs from Andrew and Trusty Time. The first purchase I received payment confirmation and QC Pics within a few days. It took almost 6 weeks to receive a watch that was NOT a VSF model. The VSF with 3235 movement that I ordered was NOT the one I received. What I received was a $20 Mexico special and not the nearly $700 USD purchase I made.

The second VSF Sub I purchased, only a week after purchasing the first one, was packaged perfectly, delivered in 3 weeks and even performed great under water when I wore it in the Caribbean just last week.

Please read my post more carefully, it is not a complaint, it is a warning. Big difference. I trusted Trusty Time with almost $1,400 USD in purchases in a one-week period. I received one watch which was absolutely perfect and I posted many positive comments and pictures on other forums. One of which is down for upgrades this weekend. The second watch I received arrived 6 weeks after the payment confirmation and had a movement that rattled like it had rocks in it. My post says what it means, Trusty Time can not be fully trusted. I will never again order a watch from Trusty Time because I am not confident that I will receive the item I purchased. The worse part is that Andrew refused to accommodate a return, I asked for his return address several times and he continues to refuse to provide it.

5 hours ago, Prdcrdp said:

Please read my post more carefully, it is not a complaint, it is a warning.

I can indeed see that your post could be interpreted as an warning so I can make precautions. + I can see that you are trying hard to be polite to me. I appreciate that.

You say "The number of times I post or have previously posted is completely irrelevant to the issue at hand." On this I disagree. It was precisely the lack of real participation/interacting  on the forum that was my complaint to you (hinting at this between the lines, That you post so seldom I have no idea who you are or your history....beyond this misfortune with Andrew who is a pure businessman in an illegal trade......so why should I Listen to you).

On the positive side: At least I made you post 100% more frequently. 11ht2zd.gif?width=320&height=320&fit=bou

Please remember this forum is titled "Name and Shame". It is based on experiences and not opinions. My experience with Trusty Time and Andrew has been both positive and negative. What I posted was based on my experience with Trusty Time and not based on opinions of Andrew or his business practices.

I had a very positive experience with Trusty Time and Andrew which is why I posted numerous positive comments in other forums. On the other hand, I have also had a very negative experience with Andrew. This negative experience has cost me nearly $700 USD with nothing to show for it other than a watch I can get in Mexico for $20.

The essence of being a business person in Andrew's position is supplying the products the customer orders. If someone orders a high quality product, in this case a VSF Sub and receives a cheap worthless piece of crap, that is a serious issue. I never said Andrew personally was to blame as there are many individuals that have their hands on the watches before we receive them. What I did say is that be careful ordering from Trusty Time because, based on my experience, not opinion, I did not receive the item I ordered.

Firstly, welcome to the forums. 

You’re in contact with Andrew - what does he say? Have you contacted a moderator on any forum to assist you? I’m happy to help if you haven’t. PM me with the details and I’ll have a look and take it up with Andrew. 

Thank you for the welcome. Yes, Andrew and I have exchanged numerous emails over the past 24 hours. The issue could have easily been resolved if Andrew would have supplied a return address to send the damaged item back to him. After I requested a return address 3 times, he continued to refuse to give it to me. Even in our most recent exchanges he continues to refuse to give me a return address. 

The broken watch was eventually sent to the address on the mailing label which Andrew now says is a fake address. I am now going through the process of trying to recover the package. 

This entire experience is why so many people are reluctant in doing business with certain sellers. You send them your money and you have no idea of what you are going to receive until it shows up at your door. We place a lot of trust in the sellers and often the TD’s deliver what you ordered but when they don’t the only recourse we have is forums to warn other potential buyers of your experience. Hence, the title of my post, “Trusty Time not so trusty”.

15 hours ago, Prdcrdp said:

Thank you for the welcome. Yes, Andrew and I have exchanged numerous emails over the past 24 hours. The issue could have easily been resolved if Andrew would have supplied a return address to send the damaged item back to him. After I requested a return address 3 times, he continued to refuse to give it to me. Even in our most recent exchanges he continues to refuse to give me a return address. 

The broken watch was eventually sent to the address on the mailing label which Andrew now says is a fake address. I am now going through the process of trying to recover the package. 

This entire experience is why so many people are reluctant in doing business with certain sellers. You send them your money and you have no idea of what you are going to receive until it shows up at your door. We place a lot of trust in the sellers and often the TD’s deliver what you ordered but when they don’t the only recourse we have is forums to warn other potential buyers of your experience. Hence, the title of my post, “Trusty Time not so trusty”.

I’ll ask again, have you contacted a moderator on a forum to assist you. If not you are just trashing someone’s reputation. PM me the details and I’ll look into it. 

kernow, thank you for your response. Andrew has agreed to issue a refund and now I consider the issue as being resolved. Once the refund has been credited to my credit card, I will post it in the forum. Thank you once again for your assistance.

3 hours ago, Prdcrdp said:

now I consider the issue as being resolved. Once the refund has been credited to my credit card, I will post it in the forum. Thank you once again for your assistance.

So Andrew turns out to be trustworthy

Ed4m.gif

Okay this thread is going to be locked. If, for any reason someone has something to add then PM me and I’ll open it up.