When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Hands on review of the Raffles Tudor 90220 Ranger dial

JSebWC

Decided to add a ranger dial to my last order with Raffles the other day and it arrived this week. I wanted to compare it to the Yuki option .

The raffles dial has dial feel for two movements eta and DG I used an eta movement for this project

Overall first impression. I like it.!! Most accurate dial to date for the 90220
The numerals are appropriate in size. larger than explorer numerals not 100%accurate but the closest ive seen .
crisp printing
Shield is accurate in shape and size as is the rest of the text.
the RANGER text does appear a shade too small to me but it could be just my eyes playing tricks.

The finish of the dial is where it gets interesting. My phone has a hard time focusing on the text against the black its alot crisper than it appears in the photo.

its a semi gloss black , that head on looks like a deep black. This was a bit of a surprise as I was expecting a finish similar to that of Explorers...a flat matt black that turns a grey tone in the sun...but they tried something different on this one. undecided if I prefer it or not.

from an angle it takes on a lighter tone and the texture of the dial really shows

Recipe
Raffles case
raffles dial
clarks T12 crystal
clone eta
raffles ranger hands
camo nato
aged lume on dial and hands. assembled

Another point I want to mention is that the proportions are right the balance on the dial . The minuite markers are further out to the edge compared to the yuki .

The lume was aged by me on the dial and hands to match.

Alot of hype around the new ranger release but the dial and text color dont do it for me This is the one to have imo people complain about the size but with the T12 box crystal it appears and wears larger and feels light on the wrist .

Overall impression. This is a great out of the box option for a ranger build its unmatched as far as value.

Thanks for looking . As always comments and questions welcome.

\\\

IMG_7899.thumb.jpg.ea2db20122b78cb622fdef02433f610e.jpgIMG_7907.thumb.jpg.429c3eaf2b23f27f55d56677c3e4c70c.jpgIMG_7917.JPG.27f7d3744ca461a1b1ff5e1ff530e73b.JPGIMG_7897.thumb.jpg.74f2f48bda94619d1a9a53ef57f18300.jpgIMG_7916.jpg.6a8c7074497d44ecfdaae7f86cbd66d8.jpg

Yuki dial for comparison  

zqGCzL.jpg.561127191e918a68c33c9a3f34c9064f.jpg