When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

This replica submariner case surprised me in terms of attention to quality !

horologist

This was one of my first replica I purchased back around 2004/2005 from Paul’s crazy sale from his ASPiRE site.  

I never had a problem with it and had worn it on and off over the years!  As expected it was now losing time and was  in need of some attention!  I opens the back case and noticed it has three seals as shown in the attached photo!  One in the inner case  back is white!   

It was one of the very few watches I had excellent results for water resistance and I now know why!  

These products are often referred to as junk by the mainstream. Yet I have never seen this in terms of quality in any licensed product including Rolex themselves  Missing  your products Paul!

EC2D2C7C-6CF3-4360-AA7C-175A36B9E852.jpeg

• Like 2

Isn’t it great when the great unwashed belittle our hobby without knowing anything about it. This proves that fakes can be ‘better’ than gen. Hope it runs for another 20 years without issue. 

On 10/14/2022 at 3:20 AM, kernow said:

Hope it runs for another 20 years without issue. 

Well , thanks! Much appreciated!   Question that worries me is;  will I still run in 20 years without an issue! 

On 10/14/2022 at 3:20 AM, kernow said:

This proves that fakes can be ‘better’ than gen.

Even the performance has always been great for a 2836-2 with incabloc shock spring.  Believe it or not , it gained between 5- 8 seconds per day!  

I gave it a backyard service giving the disassembled parts  just a wash with a small Remington shaver brush in a mix of cloudy ammonia, distilled water and kitchen detergent followed by another wash in distilled H2O with a finals lighter fluid rinse!  I used just basic watch oils and it now runs close to  original timing approximately 7-10 seconds per day when timing against a kitchen quartz clock! I don’t have a timing machine after it bit the dust nor a basic Elma cleaning machine!  Therefore, I don’t expect better!  Bush mechanic = me the bush watch service!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...