When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Anyone ever seen one of these balance wheels before?

horologist

I believe this is from eta as they are the only company apart from the cloning mob that use this sort of stud on the bridge and the goofy flower shock novodiac spring! However I find the balance wheel to be different from most I have seen!  Anyone know or have seen this type before and how to regulate?  Rolex uses micro stellar screw adjustments with a special tool!  Is this similar?  Thanks!

4612BE0B-A6B9-4B0C-BB2D-486E57171108.jpeg

• Like 1

9 hours ago, freddy333 said:

but because of the decorated [censored] & uncommon balance wheel, I do not think it is ETA.

you may be right about not eta but I have seen this decoration on their eta clones and even the Seagull movements,  I have also never seen a snap in stud hair spring mounting to the balance [censored] other than eta or clones. 

Even the Chinese cheapies use a stud screw to mount the hair spring to the [censored] in most of the cheap movements I have seen.  For this reason I am not so much of a fan of the  eta 28XX -2 movements !!  The older 28XX were  better quality and of course a slightly different movement!! 

The only other possibility is that someone with very high skills and elaborate equipment may have tailor made it for something different.

I have never seen it either until this post!!  

Sorry that I cannot be of any help!! Thanks for sharing !!👍

"Anyone know or have seen this type before and how to regulate?"

If I ever saw one like this, I do not remember where it was.  Looks like an ETA bal-[censored] -c-c-c-ock!

You probably regulate it by turning the weights (because of the slots) or sliding the weights in or out. 

Could be from a run of special movements made for a specific brand of watch.  One example being the Wyler 'incaflex' balances with flexible spokes to absorb shocks without shock springs on the balance staff jewels.

Wyler Incaflex Balance Wheel