When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Case Work

one80

There are a few guys on RWI who do case work so you might read up on RWI and see who's who.

I learned how to do much of the case work on my own but it ain't easy and if you make a mistake, the case may be ruined or ugly as a wet rat.

In reality, you have three options:

1...Learn to do it yourself. 

2...Find $omeone to do what you want done.

3...Buy the best example you can find at your price and live with it.

I used to be an 'option 1 guy' but burned out/wised up and am now an 'option 3 guy'.

I will qualify that statement by saying my expectations are probably lower than many/most RWG members because I came to the conclusion a long time ago that 95% of people you know or come in contact with cannot tell a $200 replica from a $3000 replica. 

The people you know will say "NIce replica" after you tell them what it is and maybe ask a few questions about it.  They will assume any watch you are wearing is a replica thereafter.

The people you do not know might comment on the watch and if you tell them it is a replica, most of them will mentally or verbally label you as a scam artist of the lowest order.  If you tell them "It is genuine" they will figure it is a replica anyway and go on about their business.  A few may ask "How can you tell?" and others might ask "Where can I get one?"  I just say "Dunno, I got it from a friend"...after all, I see this 'friend' in the mirror every day so I am not lying.  :pimp:

https://forum.replica-watch.info/forums/vintage-watches.232/

• Like 1

Interesting subject.

Gladly today there are many options available and some myths remain because we see the world from a cave…

let me explain better.

Replicas, homages, frankens or whatever we may call it are what the foras are about and, of course, what brings us together as members, along with sellers and service providers.

A knowledge hub for vintage watch lovers, everything evolves, even the sellers.

Curiously most of the sellers are the same as back in early 2000’s and service providers grew exponentially from then to now; a thriving business for some, and a benefit for the others.

Most of the sellers sit near and around the industry in Asia, opening it to the market and shaping it remotely.

So what most of us access is what we are presented with plus uniform prices and variable quality.

A regular case set can be acquired for a hundred bucks, a metal service for two and a half that price plus shipping costs etc…

that means by regular accessibility a modded case will range between 300 and 400 bucks and rarely comes perfect due to the quality and limitations of the base material, the quality of the service provider and the standards used for comparison.

Rarely the result turns out comparable to the reference if the reference comes from pictures or technical data and not the real object; this means the result is more of an expensive portrait to the buyer who probably will not have any terms of comparison.

it will look good though.

My question is, is it worth spending 300 / 400 bucks in a portrait or jump into a vietnamese  1:1 case?

The myth with these is the price, set in the market by MQ and other sellers but in reality quite cheap in loco.

A full 5513 case set can cost 400 bucks.

• Like 1