When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

instead of GMT2813 Asia clone?

AndreasR

An A2836gmt aka HZ6460 should fit the case, but you’ll need a new ETA sized handset (except the gmt hand which is the same size). You will also need to remove the dial feet and either install new feet in the ETA position or mount the dial on the spacer with dial dots.

• Like 1

The 2813/3804 is not a bad movement but they're flakey as hell. If you don't want to get new hands, just buy at least 3 dg3804s as you'll likely break one during installation. One will run like crap. Hopefully third time lucky. I've had heaps of fun with these over the years. When you get a good one they're actually great workhorses and keep good time. I've not had a noisy rotor previously. 

Which movement should go in is dependent on which GMT Master rep you have 1675, 16710, 126710 etc. These have certain hand stack configurations. Then the case will determine the expected rep movement.  You can't stick any movement in there as they have different widths, thicknesses and stem positions. Then there are hand sizes and dial feet positions. If you have a 2813/3804 in a modern GMT then I'd throw it in the bin and buy a Clean with a proper Rolex rep movement rather than sink anymore money in a sh!tt3r.

Edited by kidcreole

Ahh now we know it's a 1675 we can break it down further.

I'd get another 3804 they're dirt cheap from ali. Def your best option. I've not had a noisy 2813/3804 so I reckon you just lucked out.

MingZhu DG3804 Watch Movement Automatic 4 Hands 24 Hours Date Watches Repair Tool Parts Accessories|Repair Tools & Kits| - AliExpress

Next best is 2836 but these run a chinese module to make them gmt so they're not exactly a huge upgrade. Plus you'd need new hands and movement holder to suit.

The 3186 or modern Rolex rep gmt movements won't fit your case, will run at a noticably higher frequency for a 1675 and have an incorrect hand stack before you could even try and find suitable hands to fit. These are not a consideration.

I've got a 1675 with a 3804 and it's running <+/-3secs/day. But I seriously went through 5 before I got this gem and it's been great for over 2 years. 

Best of luck whatever you choose!

Thanks for your answer , well this is my project 1675 now im started to aged the case and dial , 2813 as i said not to bad  but ... noisy rotor and 
-23mp a day (lubed etc) 
After a complete service ... disassembly, cleaning, reassembly with lubrification (including automatic system) ... and regulation those movements can work really precisely (more or less 8s/d) for years.