When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Cortebert Pocket Watch/3646 Project

Adeeos

After my Rolex pocket watch/Radiomir cased project,, I've been looking for another similar project to do,,, Then this BEAUTIFUL little piece came along,,, It's the first Cortebert movement I've seen finished to as good, if not better than they finished them to Rolex specs,, it's also a 17 jewel version, as opposed to the normal 15 jewel one,,, I had the case, and strap all ready to drop the movement into as soon as I got it,,, Well it came today!,,, It wasn't a simple "drop-in" like the Rolex pocket watch movement and dial was though,, I had to remove about 1/2mm from the diameter of the dial, then fabricate a very thin stainless steel ring to move the movement and dial away from the crystal, to align it with the case tube,, then finally, trim a couple thous from the tip of the minute hand to clear the inside of the spacer ring I made.. but other than that,, it, "dropped" right in.. Lolololol,, I have a slightly domed saphirre crystal that I may install in place of the acrylic, but not sure yet.. The copper/coral colored dial with greenish/gold outter ring is very uniqe,,, And it hasn't lost/gained a second in roughly half a day! I don't see this one coming off me for quite some time!!...

193618-4384.jpg

Congratulations Adeeos!

A cal. 624.... I wonder if it´s a 16 lignes?

I am more used to cal. 616 and now I think I sourced a 618!

I must tell you that these mvmts are powerhorses and very - I mean - very reliable.

@ finepics:

Has the spacer arrived?

Enjoy yours!

Cheers,

Marco

624 is a great movement... 16 lignes of corse... and the 17 jewels version like rolex 618 (cortebert 616, 618 and 620 are 15 jewels version). It is familiar with 616, 618, 620... but 624 is a higher decorated version and younger as all.

624 is a great movement... 16 lignes of corse... and the 17 jewels version like rolex 618 (cortebert 616, 618 and 620 are 15 jewels version). It is familiar with 616, 618, 620... but 624 is a higher decorated version and younger as all.

You never cease to amaze me my friend!

Marco... why you amzed?

you make fun about my poor english B)

sorry but my france female teacher was much nicer as my english teacher. So i was not interested in learning english :D

No Tourby - Marco means that "you never cease to amaze him" because your knowledge of fine details is impressive. It was a compliment!!

No Tourby - Marco means that "you never cease to amaze him" because your knowledge of fine details is impressive. It was a compliment!!

Hi Mark

nice to see you

i know what Marco means... i make a little bit fun... he knows my strange sense of humor :yu:

Hi Mark

nice to see you

i know what Marco means... i make a little bit fun... he knows my strange sense of humor :yu:

My mistake then!! I assumed you were serious because it's a well known fact that Germans do not have a sense of Humour (at least that is what our newspapers used to tell us - but I'm one too so I should know!!)

My mistake then!! I assumed you were serious because it's a well known fact that Germans do not have a sense of Humour (at least that is what our newspapers used to tell us - but I'm one too so I should know!!)

of course, this is correct. German krauts :bicycle:

but i am not german. I live only in germany. I am turkish :victory:

Sorry for the question here, but how many lignes has the rolex 540 movment?

i think rolex cal. 540 is familiar to cortbert 540 and has 19lignes or familiar to cortbert 542 and has 18lignes

but not sure

Edited by tourbillon1801

So it is too big for our projects?

Thanks tourbi

i don´t know what you like- mostly collectors work with cortbert 18lignes or 19lignes movements, because 16lignes movements are very rare and very expensive... but 16lignes are the right historic panerai movements. Panerai never used 18 or 19lignes movements.

it is your choice

i am a lucky collector and have 16lignes movements, but not all collectors has the same luck as me :rolleyes:

Guest RiverwindMDS
Those mvmts wont do.

Tourby is right and you should stick to 16 lignes mvmts like cal. 616, 618 or 620.

Cheers,

Marco

You know we have the same passion and the same name?...